• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Jet Mornings?

Jay Peninger

Frequent Participant
Has anyone heard anything about who is joining Jodi for morning on The Jet? All they said on FB was it was somebody local and well respected in Seattle???

Me.

Just kidding actually. According to the "Jet" website, they are still looking for a morning show co-host. I'm assuming that the position is still wide open. Maybe someone else has heard something, though.

Interestingly, they give a description of what they are looking for in a co-host, but fail to list anything specific (i.e, qualifications/experience). Thats the first time i've seen that...

Last edited:
We are just assuming that the mother ship's branding change will make this (and every other former-CC property) COMPELLING and MUST-HEAR radio. Who needs to hire TALENT when you have such incredible LEADERSHIP?

Clear Channel is as of today, iHeartMedia.

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/90154/clear-channel-becomes-iheartmedia/

Because you see, in corporate America there is NEVER any such thing as a rotten business model. It's just a little ol' "brand" problem, don'tcha know? Just change the name and voila! Instant mass amnesia! "Clear Channel?....Don't be silly! We're iHeartMedia! Makers of that iHeartRadio app on your smartphone!"

So...does this mean we can't call them cheap channel anymore? May I suggest ICrapMedia? (Haha...you're still going broke!)

There's an interesting thread on the PDX radio forum about the death of radio...quite interesting.

Just change the name and voila! Instant mass amnesia! "Clear Channel?....Don't be silly! We're iHeartMedia! Makers of that iHeartRadio app on your smartphone!"

You know, they really should think of an internal organ (other than the heart) to stick in front of the word "media" (as there seems to be no heart what so ever in CC). May I be the first to suggest colon, or perhaps large intestine.

Clear Channel is as of today, iHeartMedia.

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/90154/clear-channel-becomes-iheartmedia/

Because you see, in corporate America there is NEVER any such thing as a rotten business model. It's just a little ol' "brand" problem, don'tcha know? Just change the name and voila! Instant mass amnesia! "Clear Channel?....Don't be silly! We're iHeartMedia! Makers of that iHeartRadio app on your smartphone!"

If you had a microscopic trace of objective thinking, you'd realize the real reason they changed the name.

Then again if you thought objectively, you would have no contributions to this board.

@aqh

It's called humor but clearly some people are a little touchy about that sort of thing.... Excuse me for making a joke in a hijacked thread I started..... It won't happen again...

It's called humor but clearly some people are a little touchy about that sort of thing.... Excuse me for making a joke in a hijacked thread I started..... It won't happen again...

Don't worry, the thread would have evolved to "Clear Channel sucks" anyway. Take a look at every thread here, discussions rarely are on the same topic from start to finish.

Don't worry, the thread would have evolved to "Clear Channel sucks" anyway. Take a look at every thread here, discussions rarely are on the same topic from start to finish.

CC gets a bad rap, but i've spoken to many people who work there and love it.

More like "I-Heart-500-Song-Playlists-And-Crappy-Premium-Choice-From-Anytown-USA"! No need for The Jet and their tired oldies and 1980s. I've got loads of smooth jazz, soft AC and rare 80s goodies to listen to on my computer.

-crainbebo

If you had a microscopic trace of objective thinking, you'd realize the real reason they changed the name.

Then again if you thought objectively, you would have no contributions to this board.

....But of course, I'M the ONLY one here who isn't "thinking objectively".....

More like "I-Heart-500-Song-Playlists-And-Crappy-Premium-Choice-From-Anytown-USA"! No need for The Jet and their tired oldies and 1980s. I've got loads of smooth jazz, soft AC and rare 80s goodies to listen to on my computer.

-crainbebo

Exactly. "The Jet" can do as they please, and advertise it with any gimmick they please. We all are aware that they playlist is a joke.

By the way, maybe "Iheartmedia" is a fine company to work for... but I still think it would be embarrassing to admit that I work for a company called "Iheartmedia". It just sounds like a joke, honestly. Saying that you work for "Clear Channel Communications" sounds pretty official!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom