• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

TANKSBACK

Frequent Participant
Well The Chickster has left the building at WONE. He's a local legend as a writer but an "acquired taste" on radio. Truly unique. Kiss their only local sports host goodbye. Maybe his shots on Cincy radio will land him a daily gig there. It appears that FOX sports is now taking up that shift. Mark Neal at WING must be turning cartwheels, as he's now the only local sports show host, and they just bumped him up to 2 hours daily Monday through Friday, plus his weekend Buckeyes show.

I was wondering if Chick was gone. I never really liked his show. He played music too much and he didn't use Twitter during his show. i tried to give it a shot but just couldn't listen. WONE has always had a local show in the afternoons since they flipped to sports in December 2003 so I am curious to see if they get someone new for afternoons.

I just saw this on the WONE Facebook page:
"Chick had other opportunities within company that led him to the point of having too many things to do, and not enough hours in the day to get it done. There will be a new show coming soon. chick is still with us, and will be hosting the Centerville coaches show Monday nights from 6:45 to 7:45 at Fricker's in Centerville (he is on tonight). He is also writing a Bengals blog on the WTUE website."

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Nice to know that he's only gone from the afternoon show and not from the company. I hate it when decent radio people get canned. Never met him but he seemed very congenial on the air, had lots of callers and many good guests. We'll see who they get to do the afternoon gig. You available udfan07? :)

I loved Chick's reporting at the DDN, but I hated his show on WONE and I've never really liked anything of him on radio. The WONE show was bush league stuff. I listened about 10 times over the couple of years he was there and it was always the same. Let callers ramble, talk more about games from 30 years ago than current sports, play three minutes of music on each intro, talk to the producer (Why do I care about the producer's opinion? He's not paid for that.), and etc.

He was woefully uniformed on area high school sports. It was fun listening him try to talk about that to callers who wanted to talk about that. You could tell he was scrambling to grab the nearest DDN for some information.

Neal isn't much better. You have to listen to Cincinnati or Columbus stations around here if you want real sports talk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom