• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Will NPR Win A Tony?

F

FredLeonard

Back in radio's "golden age" plays were adapted as radio dramas. Now, public radio news magazine pieces are being adapted for the stage.

NYTimes.com said:
NPR Adds to Live Shows, With Almost 24 Planned

NPR, following the lead of other news and radio organizations, is widely expanding its live stage shows, with a slate of nearly two dozen events planned nationwide in the coming months.

The most ambitious of three “NPR Presents” series, “Water,” will marry news reports, oral histories and conversation about topics such as the drought in the West and mudslides in Seattle with theatrical and musical storytelling. The shows will be customized for each of their eight locales, in partnership with local NPR affiliates. ...

READ MORE
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/15/b...ive-stage-shows.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Seems to me This American Life's Ira Glass did a one man show on Broadway. But yes, this is pretty strange.

Slightly off topic, but I hear the TV show Hee Haw is being adapted for a Broadway musical.

Slightly off topic, but I hear the TV show Hee Haw is being adapted for a Broadway musical.

Wow! I need to check into that. I'm living here where Junior Samples used to catch his fish which led to the story he perfected that someone recorded and took to Nashville... and the rest is part of Hee Haw history. If they're going to have a Junior Samples type character in their musical... it may be tailor-made for me.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to run upstairs to my recording studio and work on my musical adaptation of Junior.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom