• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDEL Owners Draw International Criticism For "Racist" Cartoon

Notice: One complaint on the thread. Let's stick to radio folks.. politics is for a different forum.

Yes, you already said that. Still doesn't mean anything in the radio world.

It says something about the company and their corporate culture, as do the talk shows they air on the radio side.

Being a baby killer in an illegal war for Tricky Dick doesn't get you into heaven.

How dare you even think that, you have no idea what combat is all about, I think its a disgrace to write something like that. Do you want to know how many of my men I saw die and suffer and you have the gaul to make a statement like that. And FYI it was the corrupt Democrats Kennedy and Johnson that got us into that war, Nixon did what he said and brought us home. I know by your left winged posts you are one of those close minded die hard Dems. Sorry Radio Board Operator but I had to speak my piece on that rotton war and to have someone who probably was a draft dodger to post something like that a baby killer, what a thing to say...

Radio Board Operator: I'd like to speak my piece, too. I am holding back out of respect for your request. Please move the "political posts" to TIA so I can reply freely. Thanks.

It says something about the company and their corporate culture, as do the talk shows they air on the radio side.
It sure does. It says they're multi-talented, if you would consider either peddling hate speech through radio or peddling hate speech through a newspaper as talents.

Being a baby killer in an illegal war for Tricky Dick doesn't get you into heaven.

Radio Board Operator: I'd like to speak my piece, too. I am holding back out of respect for your request. Please move the "political posts" to TIA so I can reply freely. Thanks.

Yes, we are all waiting for you to further denigrate, demean and insult those who have served in our nation's armed forces. As one who has lost friends and family in service to the nation, I think you are one sick individual.

OK, since the political discussion continues...

"Hangman" calls it a "rotten war" and brags about being part of it? Strange. Sorry, I have more respect for the "draft dodgers," who thought for themselves and had the guts not to participate in an illegal war, in which the US invaded a country most people had never heard of, committing atrocities, killing innocent people because all Viet Namese might be the enemy ("they all look alike"), destroying an already backward country, ruining people's lives. They have so much to be proud of. Funny how the people who talk so much about how they hate and distrust the government are so willing to do what it tells them - if that involves harm to foreigners.

Nixon ended the war? It was still going on when the evil, corrupt SOB was forced from office.

The "support the troops" attitude Mr. Eduardo and Hangman demand, and which the media embrace, does nothing more than allow more such wars and more US service personnel to die, be injured for life or otherwise have their lives ruined. Maybe it helps those who have gone overseas to (as Rush puts it) "kill people and break things" to avoid shame and guilt and to feel better about their crimes but, more importantly, these undeclared "wars" are good for business.

And back to slavery: People were drafted and sent to Viet Nam. Call conscription what it is: Slave armies.

Germans, whose actions were no different than things US forces had done then and since, were considered war criminals. Different standards apply to winners and losers. Civilian targets in Germany were bombed to (Churchill's words) to promote "terror." Not much different than flying passenger planes in office buildings.

"Nixon ended the war? It was still going on when the evil, corrupt SOB was forced from office. "

Yes, but the US Combat role had ended in January of 1973. President Nixon ended the US combat role. While we continued to provide aid to South Vietnam, the only troops in country were those securing the Embassy and consulates. Nixon also ended the draft.

Had we abided by our committment to South Vietnam, it may well not have fallen and perhaps the genocide that occured next door in Cambodia would not have occured. You may thank Teddy Kennedy for that. More blood on his hands than any US President ever had.

Back on radio, the owners apologized. There's really nothing else for them to do. The cartoon was in bad taste and they were called on it.

Thanks for serving, Hangman. The vasy majority of us do appreciate it.

Frank: With all due respect I'll repeat my request. Please move the "political posts" to TIO so we can avoid upsetting the cry babies who complain when threads don't stick to a defined topic according to their standards.

We will be using TIO VERY sparingly...

DO NOT think that you can "wait for it to be moved".

We have the ABB (Anything But Broadcasting) board if you would like to start a political discussion there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom