• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rest In Peace Michael Erickson

I'm surprised this topic didn't get more response or people giving their thoughts of ME.

I used to chat with Michael after he came over to KMEL from KSOL when I was MD/APD at Q97 in Modesto and about to fly out to Cape Cod on a PD gig interview. He told me someone was leaving - KMEL's first opening in a year and suggested I send Keith a tape.

Before I got on the plane I sent the proverbial T&R to Keith and my 2nd night in The Cape, I called my machine and there was a message....Hi Rich, this is Keith Naftaly from KMEL, give me a ring when you can.

I was on the air busting out 69,000 watts of music power the following weekend. Wouldn't have been at KMEL when KMEL actually meant something, if I didn't get the heads up.

RIP Michael, and thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom