• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Zac & Marne out at MY?

Have no confirmation, but rumor has it that Marne Mason has been let go at WMYI. And, it appears, the Zac and Marne show went with her.

Marne was with MY for years and had been serving as PD. Anyone else have confirmation? The show definately appears to be gone -- not even listed on their website for on-air staff. Strange that the plug was pulled mid-week.

MY struggled with a long drawn out flip to Hot AC but seemed to at least stabilize and was sounding pretty good IMO (although the morning show still was lacking). The ratings, however, have never been even close to when MY and Magic (which also recently removed it's PD) were in their prime.

If Marne is out as PD, wonder where they'll go next? Still try to improve as a Hot AC? Move to more of adult leaning CHR? Or do something more drastic?

Well, there's always the likelihood that they could have moved the show to another market, but that doesn't seem likely. I guess the biggest question is, which syndicated morning show will they plug in to that morning timeslot.

I guess since the ratings have not been very good but not bad enough to change formats apparently, they saw room to cut costs. Somebody is not still at the station if they're gone from the website.

Yes they are out. They are not moving to another market. Neither were good individually and together they were horrible. They will be replaced by the syndicated show Ace & CJ.

Well,.....Loooooky here, I'm the third one in! If all of this has truly fell down, it is always sad to see anyone in the Biz loose their employment. However, whether CC or not, none of it catches us by surprise. Truthfully, the Morning show was Awww-ful. What replaces it, might even be worse. Syndi plug-ins are cheap, and CC has access to a large load of such. Thanks goes to Carolinaradio for making me laugh out-loud with,...."Well, there's always the likeihood that they could have moved the show to another market, but that doesn't seem likely."........YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

New morning show announced sept 16

A new morning show will be announced Tuesday sept.16 for my 1025 according to their website.

By the looks of My 102.5's website, www.my1025.com, I thinking the new morning show has 4 people in it. I looked up what that photo blur actually looks like, and I think I got it, so GOOD NEWS, CAROLINAS! MY 102.5 will have a new morning show, ACE AND TJ IS COMING TO GSAA!! Yes, the show from adjacent Charlotte is finally awaited to come to the area. Wait a minute... does that mean that My 102.5 will change from an Adult Top 40 to an ACTUAL CHR/MAINSTREAM TOP 40 STATION!!! OMG! THEY MAY K.O. Summit's Hot 98.1-WHZT and Entercom's B94-WFBC! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MY 102.5! FINALLY, We finally have a chance to see 102.5 new logo (coming soon) on September 16th!

Ace & TJ? They are listing "Greenville-Spartanburg" as one of their markets now on their website.

"MY" last thread, I should have put this warning up, "SPOILER ALERT!"

It's going to be Ace & TJ from Charlotte starting in a week or so, take it to the bank.

Well, Ace & TJ can already be heard in the Greenville/Spartanburg area on Channel 96.1 from Charlotte. But of course that 96.1 signal does not reach the entire Upstate market, so that would give them expanded coverage on 102.5. And both are owned by Clear Channel. Although Channel has more of a CHR format, so would they allow MY 102.5 to insert more Hot AC music?

It's going to be Ace & TJ from Charlotte starting in a week or so, take it to the bank.

Well, Ace & TJ can already be heard in the Greenville/Spartanburg area on Channel 96.1 from Charlotte. But of course that 96.1 signal does not reach the entire Upstate market, so that would give them expanded coverage on 102.5. And both are owned by Clear Channel. Although Channel has more of a CHR format, so would they allow MY 102.5 to insert more Hot AC music?

So,....MY102....will be funneling this Ace & TJ show to all the Upstate listeners, hoping to do better(as CC pays cheaper). Well,...it might work. Who else has anything opposite.....MAGIC has just recently stated pipping some Frick & Frack sydi-show. I find it all quite humorous, as they have both took the cheaper route, in an effort to have something to/that will sell,.....but they really ain't sure.

Gents & women a little on the trashy side, behold Freqy, with his little weenie one-liner. Yes, those stations have made it, but as always, there is a biggly oaf, in your deliberate slant. No real Radio Thinker compares Jamz with the rest. I don't acknowledge them repetitively as #1. It's nothing more than weighted diary Horse manure,....and you know it! The month that I came off the air at WROQ, the monthly billing was between 232-to-247 thousand dollars, nearly one-quarter of a million.
They hav----unt seen money like that in years! JB&B have made their own money, that is different. Also, The Planet's local show, Zakk Tyler's Rude Awakening, clearly beat them in 1998-99.

Ace & TJ are already on a Hot AC in Myrtle Beach, and there, the station was once the AC and has no AC competition to speak of, so it is considered to be the AC. There is an AC no one has ever heard of, and an easy listening station which is borderline soft AC.

Firing the wrong people

Is Bill McMonkey still in charge there? Makes you wonder how he can make boneheaded calls year after year, and survive. Must have pictures of someone.

You know it's quite possible that this recent loss of employment cudda been a triple-nintendo-tri-wrechtum(damn near killed'em!) Sadly ankled: Zac, Marne, and the Corporate Image consultant. Well,...when you go from Clear Channel to "iHeart Media", you gotta save some money, knowing that you have to dee-stoy closets full of CC Letterhead, Envelopes, Business Cards, Key Chains, Lotto Scratchers, Hand Sanitizer, Post Notes, Ballpoint Pens, Letter Openers, Do Not Disturb Doorknob Hangers,
.....and tons of unused time order forms. 3-Jobs,...you do the Math.

Can't say I'm all that impressed with Ace & TJ. BUT anything is better than Zac and Marne. Marne was good on air by herself, but the morning show was just blah.

So I still think, with the morning commute being such a necessity to succeed in, that the show could give MY the boost it needs to push it back over Magic. They already lead slightly and not always in specific demos. And in the younger half of the 24-54, this could do well with their Hot AC format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom