• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Landis out at KTFM & KJXK

I'm sure Landis is a great guy, but I was seriously over on how conservative KTFM playlist was during the day time. My biggest gripe was Mix 96.1 and The Beat played new tracks first cause Mark was busy waiting for the song to be in the Top 20, really?!? Nevermind, the song was #1 download on iTunes and/or has millions of view on YouTube. Example- Boom Clap by Charlie XCX top song in country. How many spins on KTFM? 0 spins...WTF! What's strange is that I heard the remix version (loved it) on KTFM several weeks ago but again, it was after midnight. Times and change and either you change with times or you get left behind.

My other gripe, when any song gets played over 120 spins in a week. KTFM was notorious for this.

Let's see what happens. It's my understanding that Alpha is trying to get KTFM up and running with HD signals so they can start up their three new translators. If this happens they'll have 10 analog stations in the area.

Let's see what happens. It's my understanding that Alpha is trying to get KTFM up and running with HD signals so they can start up their three new translators. If this happens they'll have 10 analog stations in the area.

I want to say that 102.7 once had HD, but I could be wrong.

Any chatter on what Alpha Media plans to carry on those translators?

BTW, the programming on KTFM already sounds better. Here's hoping they keep it up.

Last edited:
The audio is pretty loud, though. But I guess that's how top 40 is supposed to sound.

I've never heard 102.7 in HD. No idea what the translators will air either, though one could simulcast an AM (I believe one *is* going to be ESPN 1250's FM half). They could use one to get KHHL a decent signal in the market, I guess, as it never makes it in even when it is on the air (not very often).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom