• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Imus

rjt45

Frequent Participant
This morning IMUS announced that they are selling the IMUS Ranch because of his health...the beginning of the end?

NYDailyNews.com said:
IMUS’ FUTURE: WABC (770 AM) morning host Don Imus says that after a short vacation, he will return Sept. 8 with an announcement about his radio plans.

He’s under contract through 2015.

Imus had a spell of serious breathing problems this summer while broadcasting from the high altitude of his ranch in New Mexico. He said he would be moving to his place in Texas instead.

- David Hinckley

I'll never understand how Don Imus became a successful radio host in NYC.

Sounds like you don't live in New York. The I-man started in New York some 40 years ago, when he was not the only man you see on cable now. He was successful because he was irreverent and funny - and not political.

He should have hung it up when W-NNNNNNN-BC was sold.

He was successful because he was irreverent and funny ...

Exactly right. What's amazing to me is that his fans don't seem to notice the 180-degree change. Same with Rush. Car Talk fans don't seem to notice that Tom and Ray have retired! Apparently listening habits die hard. I don't get it.

I have only heard the serious Imus, but he still shouldn't have been successful doing that in NYC even though he had done comedy before that. Opie and Anthony weren't successful when they changed their act on 92.3.

Imus working from Brenham Tx

Quote Originally Posted by NYDailyNews.com

IMUS’ FUTURE: WABC (770 AM) morning host Don Imus says that after a short vacation, he will return Sept. 8 with an announcement about his radio plans.

He’s under contract through 2015.

Imus had a spell of serious breathing problems this summer while broadcasting from the high altitude of his ranch in New Mexico. He said he would be moving to his place in Texas instead.

- David Hinckley

That ranch was over 6000 feet up, Higher than Denver. Was Imus a typical radio man in that he chain smoked? Brenham is a gentrifying rural area northwest from Houston and only a few feet above sea level. Visitors from mountainous areas claim they can taste the oxygen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom