• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Scottsbluff Station To Go Dark While Building New Tower

Wow. In reading about some tall-tower TV stations in recent months, I had wondered if we would see any more really tall towers built going forward. I came to the conclusion that only in sparse rural areas where GOOD cable is not almost universally available would someone build a really tall tower. I guess Western Nebraska is the "post child exhibit" for my theory.

Checked out TV Query on the FCC website. The replacement tower will be at the same site as KSTF's present 168 meter tower. The new tower clocks in at 145 meters above ground (about 477 ft) Since the station is going dark for an extended period, I'm assuming the new tower will be erected on the same base as the old tower. I'm going out on a guy wire to suggest KSTF is going to just cut down the old tower.

When completed, KSTF will go up in ERP to 3.5 kW on channel 29 from its present 2.7 kW. One would think that if a station can't achieve 15 kW that it should be downgraded to class A status.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom