• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

lpfm music question

mrjay

Frequent Participant
So we're doing a mostly AAA format, but also have some bright pop mixed in. Both types of music have new music coming out on a regular basis. I am aware of "uncompressedmusic.com" and, of course, itunes, but once registering with ASCAP, etc, will new music be made available to us?

What is the best source for new music? One good example is Counting Crows who have a new single out called "Scarecrow". I'd like to add that to our playlist but am not sure the best way how.

Thanks in advance.

WRJM-LP
Cullman AL

Hey Jay

Hey Jay,
This is Jason at WALW in Moulton. You need to go to www.triplearadio.com and ask them to post that you are a new station and would like music service. Also go to www.allaccess.com and do the some on their download page. You will also want to check out plaympe.com and sign up for their service. That should get you started.

In the old days, the A&R or promo person from the record company would call on stations and set them up with new releases and beg them to add the song to their playlist. The easiest way to a supply of new releases is to become a trade pub reporting station. Otherwise, just give the record labels a call and introduce yourself. Most will set you up with the product.

Also, if you joined ASCAP, you will also need to join BMI. They want their cut of the pie also.

I live in Guntersville and head to Cullman every once in a while. I would like to stop by and see your setup sometime.

There is a site called newmusicserver.com that provides downloads of new radio edit version singles for just about every format you can think of. Its specifically for radio station owners, PDs, MDs, etc. They get about 95% of all releases as soon as they come out.

This is from newmusicserver.com's registration page:

"I am employed by a commercial radio station or affiliated industry in the job title I have selected above. I understand that if I do not work at a radio station or affiliated industry, I do not qualify, and will not be accepted to this site."

So are non-commercial stations such as LPFMs not able to this service?

If that is the case. Then no, you are not eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jay,
This is Jason at WALW in Moulton. Go to www.triplearadio.com and tell them you're a new AAA station and need music service. They used to post that on their site. I assume they still do. Then go to plaympe.com sign up with them, they usually get most new music. Also try allaccess.com. That should be a good start.

i will check them out....thank you sir! come by and visit sometime if you're up this way!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom