• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week - 95.5 MHz

Buckeyes2001

Star Participant
What do you all get on 95.5 FM?

Here in Vermilion, OH I get semi-local WFHM/Cleveland, OH with Christian Contemporary '95.5 the Fish' Frequent interference from WKQI/Detroit, MI with top-40 'Channel 95-5' which sometimes completely overtakes the channel and even locks in HD

Great frequency in Yakima. KBFF Portland is the only tropo signal here.

E-SKIP (Both western Washington and eastern Washington) I've got a lot of these recorded from this year.
KAAN Bethany, MO (Country/Farm) Farthest Es on 95.5 at 1396 miles from Yakima.
KAHE Dodge City, KS (Oldies)
KAIQ Wolfforth, TX (Spanish)
KGLI Sioux City, IA (AC)
KLAQ El Paso, TX (Rock)
KLOS Los Angeles, CA (Rock) - this could have been a long Ms burst as the day I picked it up there was hardly any Es in the morning at all
KPHT Rocky Ford, CO (Classic Hits)
KVOB Lindsborg, KS (Rock)
KWNR Henderson, NV (Country)
KWYY Midwest/Casper, WY (Country)
KYOT Phoenix, AZ (Adult Hits)

One of my most clear East Tennessee frequencies, with a tossup of WSM-FM Nashville, WQHY Prestonsburg, KY, with an occasional WSBB (WSB simulcast) poking through.

Back in Dayton, OH, when not being slopped over, it was 95.5 out of Lancaster (now WZOH) and secondarily WFMS. WKQI never quite made the trip but could be heard sometimes north of Dayton

In Chicagoland, it's WNUA Chicago. It's current format is Regional Mexican, where before, it was a Spanish Top 40, or Spanish AC station (not sure which). Before that, it was Smooth Jazz.

Here in Warminster, PA(Philly 'burbs), it's usually splatter from 95.7 Ben-FM from Philly. In tropo, I would hear either WPLJ from NYC or WPGC from
Washington, DC.

South of Minnesota River (SW Burbs of Minneapolis)

KCHK 95.5 New Prague (K-Czech)
I've spoken of it before. Its a mix of talk/country/sports/polkas

They are very unique programming. M-F local (except where noted)
5-9 "morning show" with classic country/polkas/50s/60s hits
9-11:25 is classic country
11:25-noon is trading post (think craigslist for old people)
noon-1 news
1-3 polkas
3-6 "dance party" (50s/60s)
6p-5a classic country (satellite fed...)

Fridays they do "Live musician Fridays" where they bring in a polka/old tyme band to play. They go from 6:50-9:30ish. Theyve been doing it for 4+ years now (almost 250 weeks)

Saturday is a sports show from 9:15-10 then usually satellite fed country
Sunday is polkas from 6am-9pm except for 4 church services in the morning then the satellite fed country

This station is not local ( DX )

95.5 KKHK Bob FM out of Carmel, serving the Santa Cruz - Monterey - Salinas region. Its approximately 49 miles from my listening location. Not bad for 1700 watts.

According to radio locator, I'm on the edge of the "fringe" pattern.

It's been 2014 since I last responded in this thread. Updates to initial 95.5 log:
KRVG Glenwood Springs CO (Adult Hits) 4/28/15 Es
KCHK New Prague MN (Country/Polka/etc.) 6/21/15 Es
KKHK Carmel CA (Bob FM) 7/2/15 Es
KKZY Bemidji MN (Adult Contemporary) 7/5/15 Es
KCHH Worden MT (News/Talk) 8/13/15 meteor scatter (Perseids)
CHLB Lethbridge AB (Country) 8/13/15 meteor scatter (Perseids)
No new logs in 2016 or 2017.

The Valley of the Jolly Green Giant (LeSueur, MN)

KCHK unless the power goes out at the tower (which does happen) then just dead air

Reynoldsburg, Ohio ...
All local WXMG, all the time. For many years it was the legendary country giant WHOK, then a dreadful, half-butted sports station for a few years and now urban AC. Broadcasts from just west of Lancaster, 20 or so miles to my southeast, and gets out very well. Can be heard almost to Dayton to the west and almost to the West Virginia border if conditions are right (the foothills of the Appalachians definitely have a say there).

So far no translators have shown up on 95.5 so my previous report stands. It's probably time to do a new FM Frequency of the Week series since so much has changed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom