• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adios Bob FM (105.7 KRSE)

KRSE 105.7 has flipped to Classic Rock, The Hawk, in Yakima. Their logo is blue and green - and they must love the number #12! I've got an OK signal of KWVN 107.7 Pendleton OR to listen to for Adult Hits however, and it's MUCH better than Bob was. But for goodness sake, when in the heck will Yakima get a REAL AC station on the air again? KQMY is long gone. KONA is hit or miss in Yakima on 105.3 and the Spokane AC (KISC) and Seattle's what-is-called-AC-but-sounds-like-Top 40 KRWM are too far away to pick up regularly.
http://www.1057bobfm.com/

-crainbebo

I take it KPQ 102 is not happy about this format adaption. I see what you mean regarding AC though. KSWW in Aberdeen is much better than KWRM or KPLZ in my opinion.

I take it KPQ 102 is not happy about this format adaption. I see what you mean regarding AC though. KSWW in Aberdeen is much better than KWRM or KPLZ in my opinion.

Thank you. Our listeners agree. We have been the most-listened-to radio station in Grays Harbor for several years now, based on Arbitron County Report pull-outs. And we don't the Christmas music scam.

Another one?

Caught this flip yesterday. Do we seriously need another Classic Rock station? KRSE was bland enough, and now we're getting the same thing we get on KPQ, KARY, K229AD, and KEGX? Oh joy... God forbid we get an Alternative station out here on regular FM.

Thank you. Our listeners agree. We have been the most-listened-to radio station in Grays Harbor for several years now, based on Arbitron County Report pull-outs. And we don't the Christmas music scam.

That's good. When I was out on the coast this weekend I had the opportunity to sample the Grays Harbour radio market for an extended period of time. VERY impressive. KSWW and KDUX were definitely stations that I would like to hear in Seattle.

KRSE 105.7 has flipped to Classic Rock, The Hawk, in Yakima. Their logo is blue and green - and they must love the number #12! I've got an OK signal of KWVN 107.7 Pendleton OR to listen to for Adult Hits however, and it's MUCH better than Bob was. But for goodness sake, when in the heck will Yakima get a REAL AC station on the air again? KQMY is long gone. KONA is hit or miss in Yakima on 105.3 and the Spokane AC (KISC) and Seattle's what-is-called-AC-but-sounds-like-Top 40 KRWM are too far away to pick up regularly.
http://www.1057bobfm.com/
-crainbebo
This is not aimed specifically at you but you represent the type of poster, with your reference to AC sounding too much like Top 40 and I just happened to think of it. A Classic Hits thread might have been more appropriate: It would be interesting to hear your counterpart from 40 years ago, talking about how there aren't enough 1920s songs on the radio. A better example, for this thread, would be 1920s compatible music from the 1940s.

Last edited:
Yakima has no "Soft Rock" - period. After 1280 KIT jumped on 99.3 My FM and knocked them out of the ballpark, no one here has decided to try any type of Soft Rock since. Either a hit and miss KONA 105.3, and a really hit or miss KQFM 100.1 in Hermiston, or nothing. When KYXE came on, I didn't think they were going to be a Spanish Christian station, but what do you know, with so many Spanish people around here I'm surprised we don't have Tejano, Spanish AC and Spanish Urban Contemporary in this market as well.
Minneapolis is also missing one, so is Kansas City. All they've got is KZPT and that's Hot AC, not AC. KMBZ-AM jumped on KUDL over there and that was the end of Soft Rock in KC. Hot AC will always mean the 50 2012-2014 hits heard on every mainstream CHR station, with some 2000s and a few burnt to a crisp 80s/90s. It's just "KISS-FM Lite".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom