• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chaz & AJ to be partially simulcast on 102.9 DRC

Is it indeed them on WDRC-FM today? I refuse to listen to that station anymore, so I haven't checked. :mad:

Yes, it was them. Basically doing their PLR shtick with the DRC playlist filling the time between bits and ads. Oh, and PLENTY of traffic reports ... for New Haven and Waterbury. They apparently are still trying to wrap their heads around the idea that DRC is a Hartford station.

I wonder why 102.9 DRC did not make any mention of this on-air. I was at a friend's Labor Day Party on Sunday and he had on 102.9 DRC and a few times during their "Hartford 150" Countdown they mentioned "Tune in Tuesday at 5:30AM for a surprise."

BTW, isn't "Hartford 150" Countdown a bit redundant considering it sounds like 102.9 DRC only has 150 songs in its entire playlist?

I'm pretty sure this was their plan all along. They've already been simulcasting the Chaz & AJ Show on 95.9 the FOX down in Norwalk for a while now. WDRC will probably just end up being a semi-satellite of PLR. They're all owned by Westport's Connoisseur Media. So much for hometown radio!

I wonder why 102.9 DRC did not make any mention of this on-air. I was at a friend's Labor Day Party on Sunday and he had on 102.9 DRC and a few times during their "Hartford 150" Countdown they mentioned "Tune in Tuesday at 5:30AM for a surprise."

BTW, isn't "Hartford 150" Countdown a bit redundant considering it sounds like 102.9 DRC only has 150 songs in its entire playlist?

Interestingly, when scrolling through the DRC playlist while listening online, "no songs played" appears for Chaz & AJ's hours. Were PLR and DRC playing the same songs during those hours?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom