• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Goodbye Dr. Phil.....Hello Pat Robertson???

CaliRadioFan

Leading Participant
The topic applies to the most interesting schedule change for Fall 2014, and it applies to KCAL 9, so I'll start with them. The station is losing Rachel Ray to KABC, and is moving a second run of People's Court into the 8am slot. At the same time, CBS is dropping Dr. Phil from the KCAL lineup, and replacing it with....The 700 Club! (moving from Fox owned KCOP). Now I don't know if Fox said enough is enough with Mr. Robertson and crew or if the sales force at CBS actively contacted CBN to buy the time on their station. Guess Dr. Phil just wasn't working out at 9am (who will of course continue @ 3pm on KCBS)

Over at KABC, Rachel Ray will now follow 'The Chew' at 1pm, and General Hospital will move back to it's old time slot of 2pm. 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and 'Afternoon Jeopardy' will follow at 3 and 3:30. WWTBAM will still have 2 shows per day in 2014-15. On KABC, the second episode airs at 1:41am

At KTLA, the station is adding a second run of Steve Wilkos to replace 'The Test' at 10am. 'Two and A Half Men' replaces Arsenio Hall at 11:30pm. That sitcom will still be seen from 7-8pm until Sep. 22, when 'Celebrity Name Game' with Craig Ferguson moves into that time slot.

Over at the Fox duopoly, the new newsmagazine, 'Right This Minute' replaces the cancelled 'America Now' at 1pm on Fox 11. Dr. Oz will now air at 10am on My13, and 2pm on Fox 11. New episodes of Wendy Williams follow at 3pm on 11. TMZ Live adds a second airing at 9am on My13 as well as 4pm on Fox 11.

KDOC is chaning very little of its schedule. The comedy 'Rules of Engagement' will air from 6-7pm, followed by 'That 70's Show' from 7-8pm. The rest of their schedule remains as it is now.

Happy Fall Season everyone :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom