Looking for Soft Rock Stations
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Soft Rock Stations

Looking for Soft Rock Stations

Are there still very many stations that are playing actual soft rock as it sounded in the 90s rather than the more today's pop oriented music AC stations are playing now? I don't mind if they play some of today's music, but most of the current music is not pleasant to my ears, and I just want to hear soft rock. So far I've found 95.9 the Oasis from California, although I can't remember the call letters.
    Bring back real oldies to Nashville.

Unregistered

Re: Soft Rock Stations

Quote Originally Posted by oldiesgirl View Post
    Are there still very many stations that are playing actual soft rock as it sounded in the 90s rather than the more today's pop oriented music AC stations are playing now? I don't mind if they play some of today's music, but most of the current music is not pleasant to my ears, and I just want to hear soft rock. So far I've found 95.9 the Oasis from California, although I can't remember the call letters.
    These are some streams I listen to that play the older version of the format

Soft N Easy Net Radio
    www.softneasy.com

Lite 99 WLTB-DB
    www.lite99online.com

Joy 99.5
    www.joy995.com

Unregistered

Oops

Sorry for the duplicates. Got impatient waiting for my reply to post.

BOZ Profit
    Posting as an unregistered guest means there is no guarantee that your post will even be approved (regardless of the content), or that it will appear in a timely manner. If you want to participate it is best to register as a member. It is free to join and your post will appear right away.

Oldiesgirl. The Station you are referring to is KAJR Indian Wells CA in the Palm Springs/Coachella Valley Market. It was originally Jack FM when it first came on but changed when KWXY left FM 98.5 (now KDES) and went to 1340 AM. That Station is now on a translator at 107.3 I believe they are on the internet but their format is beautiful music oriented.

How about KVIB 95.1 Sun City West, AZ? "95.1 The Oasis" with Soft AC. Just flipped a few weeks ago. Heard some rare 1980s love songs on there, great playlist for a big market. Hope they last more than a few months!
    KQEZ 106.3 Idaho Falls ID sounds good as well...
    I REALLY enjoy the Soft AC/AAA/Smooth Jazz/Smooth R&B mixture of KSRW 92.5 Independence, CA. I've heard songs from 1964 up to the early 2010s, with a LOT of 1990s album cuts and rare 1980s soft rock. Unfortunately the stream is 16kbps mono s--t. But I still listen to it. It's on tunein. Sounded like 94.7 The Wave in Los Angeles, when they just began around 1988-90 - with newer songs now obviously. But NO Katy Perry, Adele, etc. on there. I hope to god they NEVER go satellite AC on Bishop instead. That probably won't happen however.

-crainbebo
    733 AM's in the log, 536 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KZTR-LP 103.5 Yakima, WA; 11/21/16
    Last New AM Log: 630 KIDD Monterey, CA; 1/31/17.

Unregistered

Soft Rock Stations

Another stream I enjoy is Love 2 Love Radio. As the station advertises, the focus is on love songs and ballads. I like this station because they play songs by UK singers and bands that I'm a fan of.

Website: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/lo...ve-radio/index

Unregistered

Follow-up about Love 2 Love station

Some examples are Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Adele. I mostly like Soft AC oldies but am ok with some current music selections mixed in.

There's plenty of radio stations with that era of music.

WMJX in Boston

WSRS in Worchester

WLTW in New York

WMGQ in New Brunswick, NJ

WRNQ in Poughkeepsie

KOST in LA

WJXA in Nashville

WNNS in Springfield, IL

KODA in Houston

WLNK

WLKN

WNIC

WLEV

KBIG

WTVR

WASH

WHOM

WWLI

WOOD/SRW

KVIL

KKCW

KKMG

WSUS

and also you can check iHeartRadio custom stations in which include all 90's tunes.

Hope the list helps some.

Lawrence

Avid Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiesgirl View Post
    What city are you looking in?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast