• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ME-TV #1 All Classic TV Network in NYC

Seems like a real stretch for a station that barely reaches NY over the air and is not carried by most of the cable systems in NY to make such a claim. I hear that this is part of a national marketing effort by MeTV and it just means that they are the highest rated classic TV network *nationally.* Also interesting to note that they seem to be transitioning and list Bridgeport -- is this part of the on screen bug, or just part of this ad?

We're getting the same promo here in Arizona. Our Prescott, AZ station,
KAZT, which broadcasts into the Phoenix area, is also saying they are
number one. Better they saved the time and effort and did a whole lot
less editing of the shows they air......

Seems likeo a real stretch for a station that barely reaches NY over the air and is not carried by most of the cable systems in NY to make such a claim. I hear that this is part of a national marketing effort by MeTV and it just means that they are the highest rated classic TV network *nationally.* Also interesting to note that they seem to be transitioning and list Bridgeport -- is this part of the on screen bug, or just part of this ad?

Their top of hour ID has always said Bridgeport-New York.

For now ("Thanks New York for Making Us the #1 All Classic TV Network in New York) works! When WJLP takes over the new slogan for WZME will be "Thanks Connecticut for Making Us the #1 All Classic TV Network in Connecticut

For now ("Thanks New York for Making Us the #1 All Classic TV Network in New York) works! When WJLP takes over the new slogan for WZME will be "Thanks Connecticut for Making Us the #1 All Classic TV Network in Connecticut

Well no, because when WJLP takes over, WZME will no longer be carrying Me-TV.

Like ansky212 said, WZME won't be able to continue the affiliation. WZME is licensed to Bridgeport (Fairfield County) which is in the NYC DMA/market.

I doubt the owners of KVNV/WJLP would allow a second affiliate in the same market unless they came to some kind of agreement that would benefit them (think WMUR/WCVB).

And I doubt WZME would change their COL to a location in the Hartford-New Haven DMA just to bring the affiliation there. That would mean dropping from the #1 market in the country to what is Hartford-New Haven now, 30, 31?, and risk losing millions of viewers (count in cable, satellite, and FIOS) across the 5 boroughs, North Jersey, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Fairfield County, CT and another county in PA. Anything's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely.

If you live in Connecticut (outside of Fairfield County) and want MeTV, they run the national feed to the Hartford-New Haven line-up on AT&T's U-Verse channel 136. This is actually much better than having WZME, if you ask me, because they don't air any infomercials.

I'm in NJ and I get WZME on Verizon Fios. I guess we'll be getting duplicate programming then once WJLP gets added.
Maybe not! Since your area may fall within WJLP range WZME may need to broadcast something else other than METV to your area but here in my area we are out of range of WJLP which makes it ok for METV to be broadcasted via WZME.

Last edited:
I see the same "thank you" here in Atlanta (for about 2 seconds) then WSB puts up the time and temperature sponsored by Brandsmart. I guess in order to show the #1 spot they would have to give up on sponsor money......so we only see 2 seconds of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom