• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chicago improv group gives stinging indictment of radio today

I wouldn't go by what a bunch of hipsters playing comedian say as the definitive state of radio today. They probably also think posting videos on Youtube is better than being in a TV show.

Maybe I missed something...what's the dilemma facing radio today? All of these people are in the same boat. It's more an indictment of our society than radio. A bunch of out of work losers.

According to a bunch of Youtube comedians no one has ever heard of, no one listens to radio.

So I'm supposed to believe some out of work comedians when I have factual data that says they're wrong? As we often say: Consider the source.

They obviously knew the station. But because they chose not to listen, in order to be cool and "with it," this poor guy is now working overnights, just like them. Who's at fault here? Now that I think about it, this bit is more a stinging indictment of Gen Y.

Last edited:
It's typical "new media" types thinking they're somehow superior to people who work in "old media". Meanwhile they don't make a penny doing what they do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom