• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Used Potomac Instruments FI Meters...

I've seen these auctions before and wondered how complicated and expensive the shipping can be, if available. This one says separately "THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING AND PACKAGING" and "Successful bidders are cautioned that they will be responsible for loading, packing and removal of any and all property awarded to them from the exact place where the property is located, as indicated below." Not exactly eBay...

I think there are "brokers" for that sort of stuff.
I thought that same thing when the BBC World Service moved out of Bush House. I was going to talk to a freight broker, here in town
about how it's handled.

I think there are "brokers" for that sort of stuff.
I thought that same thing when the BBC World Service moved out of Bush House. I was going to talk to a freight broker, here in town about how it's handled.

It may not be practical to make a small purchase, unless nearby for local pickup. It is very likely some of the eBay sellers buy from these auctions in quantity, then resell. I once purchased 4 HP bench meters on eBay, and they all came with USAF asset tags attached.

Saw a couple more of them, from the Atlanta FCC Field Office.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom