• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spanish music on 99.3 fm

Hello to all. So was this DX or what? Or is this a legit station in this area? I also noticed spanish music on 93.9 fm on the way back from Palm Bay in Orlando as well. Any ideas? I heard something about La Ley .

There are so many Translators going on the air it is nearly impossible to keep track-I hear Clear Channel is starting to buy Translators like crazy and on a few they plan on rebroadcasting 100.3 and others are being used for WJRR. I hope this helps.

Hello to all. So was this DX or what? Or is this a legit station in this area? I also noticed spanish music on 93.9 fm on the way back from Palm Bay in Orlando as well. Any ideas? I heard something about La Ley .

WPKA is on 99.3 out of Apopka. New LPFM with a Hispanic format.

OK. That would make sense. I'm in Altamonte and the signal is pretty weak here. The 93.9 channel is it's own thing as well. No 100.3 symalcast or anything. I think the 100.3 HD2 is 740 the game if I'm right???? Not 100 percent sure on that. Or maybe that is wjrr hd 2. Does 100.3 come in well in lake county? I see no point running that station on translators.

I was wondering what happened to "Lite Rock 99.3" when I heard Spanish instead there. OK Walters said it's coming from Apopka, but I don't see it listed yet.

I also picked up Spanish on 93.9. Just looked it up & I see that this station is coming from the Conway area.

Last edited:
I was wondering what happened to "Lite Rock 99.3" when I heard Spanish instead there. OK Walters said it's coming from Apopka, but I don't see it listed yet.

I also picked up Spanish on 93.9. Just looked it up & I see that this station is coming from the Conway area.

WLRQ "Lite Rock 99.3 Cocoa Beach is still there with its adult contemporary music format.

Do you happen to know when WPKA began broadcast service? The coverage map shows a fairly decent signal for an LPFM.

Within the past month. Signal isn't bad for a LPFM - and they are in stereo so it sounds pretty good. Sampled them the other day - don't speak Spanish but the sound is good.

You know, I kind of like the music 99.3 plays. haha 93.9 comes in pretty well at my friend's house in Union Park near the ucf area. I also have heard something on 102.3 in east Orlando. I think it's a pt 15 because it was not drivable in a car at all. It was like a variety thing. I can't remember if they ran promos or not.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom