• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KMPS not at the fair this year?

bobdavcav

Star Participant
Just got back from the Evergreen State Fair and noticed KMPS was absent. No sponsorship mentions, no booth, no nothing. Seems like they've been there forever, they've been coming for about 10 years. KKXA was there and I did leave my contact information with them in hopes of getting an internship.

That is rather strange. I know that many functions (such as fairs) do not want radio stations to come in and hand out free swag (that will undoubtedly end up the responsibility of the custodial department).

That is rather strange. I know that many functions (such as fairs) do not want radio stations to come in and hand out free swag (that will undoubtedly end up the responsibility of the custodial department).

I think they'd have far worse problems with the concessions stands than the radio station booths....

Could easily be contract/payment issue. Many of these fairs that were once all about the community (e.g. Seafair) have sold everything they can to the "highest bidder". Even the freaking NFL wants the Artists to pay THE NFL to perform the SuperBowl Halftime show now.

Could easily be contract/payment issue. Many of these fairs that were once all about the community (e.g. Seafair) have sold everything they can to the "highest bidder". Even the freaking NFL wants the Artists to pay THE NFL to perform the SuperBowl Halftime show now.

I simply can't think of a faster way to become irrelevant. Greed is not cool in the modern age.

Thanks Ford! It probably won't until next June as I move to Portland in a couple weeks and get back up here in mid-June. Maybe I'll look into an internship down there.

Thanks Ford! It probably won't until next June as I move to Portland in a couple weeks and get back up here in mid-June. Maybe I'll look into an internship down there.

That would be a fantastic idea! Feel free to look me up years from now if you want to team up to do a major market morning show. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom