• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Raycom threatens to pull 3, 40 from Direct TV

mississippi fan

Frequent Participant
Raycom is at it again. Apparently, DirectTV and Raycom cannot come to an licensing agreement according to a message on my Direct TV. Raycom owns WLBT Ch. 3 but operates FOX 40 (America Spirit Media) through an SSA agreement. This isn't the first time Raycom pulled this stunt in the Jackson market and probably won't be the last. I hardly ever watch WLBT but watch WDBD for the sports. This stinks.

that's why i have an antenna. I can get them in HD plus every subchannel that they don't even carry on satelitte. why pay for something that I can get for free without interuptions.

I was mistaken. Fox 40 is on the air and not involved. Just WLBT 3 is missing in action.

Hmmmm....when Dish Network had their last spat with WLBT, both 3 and 40 were dropped...maybe the FOX 40 owners are on a different schedule. Raycom just manages FOX 40.

noticed they were doing this crap with WAFF 48 over here in North AL too

And their Knoxville Fox affiliate.

I know this is a different topic, but will WMAA channel 43 in Columbus, MS ever launch? This was supposed to give Mississippi Public Broadcasting a better signal in the golden triangle area and going out toward Tuscaloosa, AL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom