• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WireReady/NewsReady workstation already logged in

kogi19

New Participating Member
Trying to help a friend that is using WireReady/NewsReady v4.004 (yes, they are still using a version that is a decade old). They do not have a tech support contract with WireReady. Along with other issues, it occasionally will not allow a workstation to log on, stating that the workstation is already logged on, when it is not. Anyone know how to fix that problem?

Also, any suggestions on other newsroom software out there to replace WireReady?

Thank you.

It's been a REAL long time, and it was WR V2. As many programs do, when a workstation logs in, a small file is written on the server indicating that. If the WS doesn't log out properly (i.e., crash), the file is not closed/deleted. I would look for that and delete it (after making a copy). If it was the right file, the WS will log in and a new file will be created.

Something to look for... and just a guess...

Thanks! I'll take a look at the files on the server to see if I can find that file or files.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom