• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

All Access: WRKO wants talk host

Is Jason still working with Ordway's organization as well?

According to Talkers.com on 26 August 2014, Mr Wolfe is still associated with Mr Ordway.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've had it up to here with all the gangster stuff Howie peddles. If Howie bolts, or is dropped by, 'RKO, I'd love to see Michael Graham return and get this time slot. At least I found him funny and entertaining.

Jason Wolfe took position with FinancialExchange. Howie
to be syndicated by Global Media. Don't know if RKO
plans to sign up with that but he's their biggest name.
Could be whether or not RKO is on board, the money
matters network stations that had Graham for awhile
(Concord, Plymouth) might go for Howie (and WCRN
Worc already has him...) Not sure if Howie is on
best of terms w Wolfe but perhaps Barry Armstrong and the
Global Media folks will get his show around (had
heard of poss. link) anyway..whether just in New
Eng or elsewhere too...

Former WOR talk host Steve Malzberg in for Howie today, Labor Day. He has been known to do fill ins, and made appearances o Fox News and MSNBC; I think he now works for Newsmax TV (contract with WOR not renewed in 2011). Wonder if this was someone who responded to the want ad... might be poss. replacement on RKO for Howie or
Kuhner? (Howie has worked for Newsmax TV too)

ex-WOR

host Steve Malzberg "
------------------------
Exceptionally nice guy. Politics are what you'd expect working for newsmax.

More Right Wing Nut Radio. WRKO the true Anti-Intellectual cesspool.
Former WOR talk host Steve Malzberg in for Howie today, Labor Day. He has been known to do fill ins, and made appearances o Fox News and MSNBC; I think he now works for Newsmax TV (contract with WOR not renewed in 2011). Wonder if this was someone who responded to the want ad... might be poss. replacement on RKO for Howie or
Kuhner? (Howie has worked for Newsmax TV too)

In his last segment tonight Howie had Barry Armstrong on. His Financial Exchange is on WRKO late mornings and WHJJ early evenings. Now starting tonight
Barry is on WHYN Holyoke. Howie's show will be syndicated soon by Global Media but I think it may well be done from Money Matters' studios (Needham?). Howie and Sandy were seen awhile back going into their building. Don't know if RKO will take new Howie show or not but maybe for awhile...

Howie keeps trashing WRKO on his radio show. His contract isn't going to be renewed.

I thought his contract was done on Labor Day. No?

I have heard him using a few more slights at Entercom lately (compared to about a month ago when he was keeping quiet.)

Could we assume that the "negotiations" are not going well?

Contract ends around end of Sept. In 07 he was pulled off around 9/19 (had he been able to jump to TKK he would have started 10/1)and after a bunch of Feinburg fill ins he returned in late Nov. WTKK had a webpage ready to go along with "Carr Bar" chocolate bars for giveaway (Howie gave them away anyway at public appearances, he said)

Contract ends around end of Sept. In 07 he was pulled off around 9/19

Funny how last time everything was played out in public....as Howie (and his counselor) thought he could announce publicly that he was leaving.

This time Howie is keeping quiet about the negotiations.

Who cares..!!!!!!!!!!
Funny how last time everything was played out in public....as Howie (and his counselor) thought he could announce publicly that he was leaving.

This time Howie is keeping quiet about the negotiations.

Who cares..!!!!!!!!!!

As expected, anything to do with Howie Carr will bring a knee-jerk derogatory comment from Moe. (Where's Larry and Curley?)

As for who cares? Anyone interested in broadcasting in Boston (and the changes underway) are interested to see how this plays out.

I suppose responses like "Who cares?" could be posted after any one of your "Jim and Margery are so wonderful" posts.

It's not about ideology...it's about broadcasting.

Boring and predictable describes howie carr. Add him to his death pool at least in a radio sense. Services at Waterman's 2-4; 6-8!

If he were boring and predictable (OK, I'll say "predictable" is a given maybe!) Entercom wouldn't have held on to him for so long. I don't know if RKO will pick up his new show, etc. and he is getting up there in age (as are his listeners) but had he been so boring, etc. we would have seen:

(fictional, don't get your hopes up)
9-16-07
BOSTON--Jason Wolfe, PD of WRKO, announced the station will not renew Howie Carr's contract. Carr is to debut next week
on WTKK-FM 96.9. "Good luck to them," said Wolfe; "our ratings were really suffering with him..."

:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom