• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why doesn't KAHL ever identify all their frequencies?

A

Anonymouse

The only frequencies I've heard KAHL identify, ever, are 1310 and 103.7.
This doesn't make sense, they have 93.9 in Boerne, 105.9 in Hondo, 107.1 in Pleasanton... And now the new transmitter at 105.9 in The Dominion.
They don't give out the call letters to all the translators either. Aren't they supposed to every hour? Last ID I heard them play included only the two full power stations (KAHL and KAHL-FM).

I personally like the station a little bit but am not really into the format. I guess it works for them if it's lasted this long, but I mainly think they NEED to refresh their imaging, because using the same 20 or 30 liners year in and year out for over 5 years is bound to get noticed eventually. ;)

I think so, but the FCC still has it listed with KAHL, for now. I imagine that might change though as the upgrade for that station happens.

The only frequencies I've heard KAHL identify, ever, are 1310 and 103.7.
This doesn't make sense, they have 93.9 in Boerne, 105.9 in Hondo, 107.1 in Pleasanton... And now the new transmitter at 105.9 in The Dominion.
They don't give out the call letters to all the translators either. Aren't they supposed to every hour? Last ID I heard them play included only the two full power stations (KAHL and KAHL-FM).

No. Translators are not required to ID every hour. They only have to ID three times per day: (1) Between 7 AM and 9 AM, (2) Between 12:55 PM and 1:05 PM, and (3) Between 4 PM and 6 PM. If the translator is not on-air before 9 AM, it must ID at sign-on.

If it's IDing KAHL-FM, then it is IDing the Hondo FM, not the San Antonio translator. 105.9 Hondo and 1310 San Antonio must be IDed hourly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom