• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Grit

Quality seems to be decent so far I just hope they play mostly 80s to early 2000s action and comedy movies we do not need another tv channel that plays movies 40s to early 70s there are already these channels

Movies
The Works
Gettv
Bounce shows like 75% movies mostly 80s and 90s straight to video crap that should never be shown on tv
This will do a few days stretch of 50s and 60s movies
Metv or ANT plays old movies late night on the weekends

All these channel love to show the same 20 to 25 western movies time to show different movies

AMC does not count since it is only a cable channel they cut down the amount of movies by like 35% to 40% over the last 2 yrs

Last edited:
Ota

One thing I have noticed for the channel here in Houston it is 3/4 wide screen and when you see decently close ip shots of people they look really weird the picture is sized wrong

Though most stations have signed up for both Grit and Escape, Boston's WUTF only has Escape. WLNE in the nearby Providence market has both.

On WLNE, Grit is sized oddly. With the default 4x3 DTV setting, the older John Wayne movie on now is stretched badly side to side with larger than normal black bars at top and bottom, With the DTV setting at wide it's a particularly small centered picture with large black areas all around.

The issue is that Grit and Escape are being provided to stations in 1080i via satellite. So they either have to provide it in 16:9 SD or letterboxed. It sounds like WLNE is letterboxed. On top of that, it sounds like Grit and Escape are providing the wrong aspect ratio at the source. So you have some stations letterboxing the HD feed, then the source material being wrong as well, so there's no fixing it on the receive end unless you're watching on a computer with VLC.

- Trip

Hey, Grit!! How about you come into Tampa Bay! Oh, right, WFTT's (UniMas 50) subchannels are at it's cap. So, why not go to WVEA's (Univision Tampa Bay) digital subchannel at 62.3. There used to be a latino music channel there, but now it's silent. So, I guess you can take it's spot!

I have notice that for some movies the video quality is straight doo doo it is like they are 360p stretched to like 540p to 580p same with This. Grit and This for a lot of movies is the worst video quality I have ever seen in this day of 1080p 60fps no channel should have quality less than 540p to 580p

Girt sucks about 65% to 75% what they will play will be western movies and 3 or 4 other movies channels do the same time to play different movies. Westerns are ok from time to time but not when they are the main thing you play

Grit Movies and Theworks all have been showing way to many westerns the last month give these movies a rest for next 3 to 6 months there are newer action and comedy's movies they should be showing

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom