• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

yellow journalism

U

Unregistered

news talk radio, & cable TV news are yellow journalism .

One person's 'yellow journalism' is another person's truth in the news.

And what do you think is better than what you get on news-talk, cable, etc.? The internet news sites? Many of them are just rumours and sometimes just opinions masquerading as news.

In today's news world you have to learn to discern. :)

Last edited:

That's a very broad brush you use to paint a rather intricate collection of individual programs.

Now. I might have some very critical comments and observations to make about some of the broadcasts you describe. I am not at all happy with the directions of such programming today. But, the bigger picture is that I am not at all happy with the direction of the political process in this country. And if we are going to have intelligent conversation about your topic, we could begin with the chicken-vs-the-egg quandary.

Is our political process all screwed up in this country today because it has been poisoned by bad news talk radio and bad cable TV news.... or is the media all screwed up in this country because it is being poisoned by a bad direction in our political process in this country?

Or have we simply regressed as a country until our population is now all screwed up?

I don't want you to take this question/observation too personally or too harshly. We are working real hard to rid these discussions of name calling and personal attacks. I know nothing about you. I cannot possibly have an opinion about you. This observations not about YOU, but is a reasonable journalistic approach to responding to your post:

Is it a form of "yellow forumming" to come here and post such a broad condemnation of two significant media genres but not back that up with documentation and/or examples?

What have you given us that we can turn over, looks at its underbelly, and respond to or discuss? It is as though you posted: "There is a really ugly person out on the street." Really? Which street are we talking about? An ugly LOOKING person or ugly BEHAVIOR? If there are two people out on the street, are they both ugly... or will you think ONE is ugly while I think the OTHER is ugly.

I yield the floor my friend. Enlighten us. Entertain us. Inform us.

Journalism returns to its roots, which was "yellow journalism" and partisan news outlets. Funny thing, prior to the pretense of objectivity, people actually liked and respected the news media and it had greater credibility.

Joseph Pulitzer invented and popularized "yellow journalism," made a ton of money than gave a small portion of it to Columbia University to start a graduate journalism school to make journalism "respectable."

Journalism returns to its roots, which was "yellow journalism" and partisan news outlets. Funny thing, prior to the pretense of objectivity, people actually liked and respected the news media and it had greater credibility.

Joseph Pulitzer invented and popularized "yellow journalism," made a ton of money than gave a small portion of it to Columbia University to start a graduate journalism school to make journalism "respectable."

I knew you'd get around to blaming rich people sooner or later.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom