• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KJUL 104.7 Las Vegas

I am amazed that such a station still exists on a (rimshot) 100,000 watt FM signal! It sounds amazing, and even has live DJs. Having the transmitter 50 miles northeast of Las Vegas doesn't seem to hinder them, in fact it might help since it brings them into Mesquite and St George.

I am amazed that such a station still exists on a (rimshot) 100,000 watt FM signal! It sounds amazing, and even has live DJs. Having the transmitter 50 miles northeast of Las Vegas doesn't seem to hinder them, in fact it might help since it brings them into Mesquite and St George.

The station has 8 translators to fill in for terrain blockage. One of them is in Mesquite and another in St George.

The station is ranked 31st in 25-54 in Las Vegas, which explains why billings are down by half in the last 6 years.

It's interesting how CBS isn't putting their "The Sounds of the Strip" on an HD2 in Las Vegas. Not that anyone will listen to it with KJUL around.
I like how KJUL was quickly resurrected when 104.3 flipped formats.
Seems like it doesn't rely as heavily on local billing like a Real Oldies station in Long Island, WLNG. The old people may be loyal, but there comes a point when they stop buying and start dying.

It's interesting how CBS isn't putting their "The Sounds of the Strip" on an HD2 in Las Vegas. Not that anyone will listen to it with KJUL around.
I like how KJUL was quickly resurrected when 104.3 flipped formats.
Seems like it doesn't rely as heavily on local billing like a Real Oldies station in Long Island, WLNG. The old people may be loyal, but there comes a point when they stop buying and start dying.

What other kind of revenue other than local billings would the station have? And without billings, how do they sustain the format?

Great Music, Great Signal

Incredibly, KJUL 104.7 can be heard here in parts of Prescott, AZ on a frequent
basis. They make a nice addition to KAHM 102.1 and KYBC LP at 96.3

What other kind of revenue other than local billings would the station have? And without billings, how do they sustain the format?
WAVO in Charlotte has a lot of what I would call national advertisers. Those show up a lot on my America's Best Music station too. I noticed when their automation went out that the commercials provided automatically were national. And those are a larger percentage of commercials than I would like.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom