• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Disney to sell off all but one of their stations

You would think they'd keep Orlando for special promotions.

Other than the branding opportunity. I never understood Disney on AM? It lasted longer than I thought. I wouldn't read too much into the sale. ESPN still does well on AM, as well as other spoken formats. This probably should of happened years ago.

Yes. Let's get a legit oldies station on AM. Love it. :)

Since Orlando already has four sports programmed AM stations - WDBO-580 ESPN; WYGM 740; WRSO 810 CBS; and WHOO-AM 1080, placing sports programming on WDYZ 990 is overkill and will dilute the sports advertising pie even more with five sports programmed stations competing for the same ad dollars. While oldies of some sort may make some marketing sense, I'm not convinced, from a business perspective, oldies is the way to go, either. Possibly some kind of a full-service, personality MOR format may have some merit; however, I'm not 100% sold on that format. There is a small handful of formats that will work well on that 50kw AM signal, although none of them have been presented here so far. Let's see if anyone comes up with the magic format from the format spinning wheel.

Nothing changes as far as the good Doctor Tillery is concerned. "Let's see if anyone can come up with the magic format that I think is right". Who cares - once someone buys it you can figure it out pretty quick.

Don't care what the format is. As long as it is something unique.
So tired of all the stations sounding just like each other.
What happened to stations having ANY personality?

Don't care what the format is. As long as it is something unique.
So tired of all the stations sounding just like each other.
What happened to stations having ANY personality?
Are you insinuating Computers have no personality?

Seems odd that Disney, in Orlando, would not own a radio station in the hometown to DisneyWorld.

Evidently Radio Disney will keep their stations on the air until they are sold (with the exception of KDIS Pasadena which their keeping). Who want’s to buy a 50k by day, 14k by night AM station with 5 towers off of Silver Star Rd in Pine Hills?

iHeartMedia? Cox? How about CBS Radio? They only have 2 stations owned by them, Rhythmic-leaning Pop-formatted 101.9 AMP Radio WJHM and Hot AC-formatted Mix 105.1 WOMX. How about an AM station for them, then they can make it a Sports station called, CBS SPORTS RADIO 990, taking the affiliation away from independently owned 810 WRSO. :cool:

Salem might be interested.

Byron

Will iHeartMedia acquire 990? Cox? CBS? Maybe CBS can yank CBS Sports out of WRSO and put it into 990, billed as "Orlando's CBS Sports Radio 990".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom