• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AC back in Dayton?

C

cincyradioguy

With the demise of WLQT in Dayton, I would love to see Cox take their 95.3/101.1 and bring AC back to Dayton. They do well with it elsewhere, and someone really needs to take a dent from WMMX vs WTUE. 95.3 I'm sure would get more ratings vs it's current format. Don't get me wrong, the rock is fine, but a change needs to happen. Flip it to Christmas when it's time, then launch with a local lineup. Maybe add John Tesh or Delilah at nite. That would be a game changer in Dayton and honestly, be welcome. It would be a dynamite well-rounded cluster with additional revenue.

Just what Dayton DOES NOT need, another flipping Christmas station, especially when the other 2 are going to be big signal stations. Pl;us you can hear Cincinnati's Christmas stations too. As for Tesh and Delilah, I think stations are tired of trying to make enough money off of advertising to pay for these 2 shows. Ratings are just part of the battle, revenue is another part. Voice tracking is so much cheaper. You're not going to get a live-n-local air-staff on that puppy. And I'm not sure how you define A/C anymore, is it Hot A/C, sleepy A/C, a smooth jazz hybrid? Personally I love The Eagle's 80's rock format and it's very inexpensive to run. Keep headbangin'!!!!

Very limited signal though the translator does help. Mix and Fly will be fighting it out now for the A/C type audience with the new ownership

I have always said that I would love it if Cox put a WMMO type station here in Dayton to compete against WTUE. WMMO is a station in Orlando with a really good playlist and you can see it at wmmo.com

WMMO appears to be a classic rock oldies style of station, no currents or re-currents that I can see. Good playlist for this kind of station. A bit of The Eagle, a bit of The Fox. not really fitting a specific format hole. Not sure if it would make an impact for ratings or revenue for anyone in this market. Remember, Cox does NOT flip formats for fun, they research everything to the hilt. I'm guessing they would need to find some specific reasons to make this kind of change.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom