• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nash-Icon country to Concord and/or Manchester?

raccoonradio

Walk of Fame Participant
http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/netgnomes/89681/cumulus-prepping-nash-icons-format-launch/

Cumulus has its Nash brand of country stations and they soon will launch "NashIcon" stations with old and new
country and among the domain names registered are ones pointing to a "Concord" station and a "Manchester"
station

>>In addition are four domains for markets with no apparent connection to Cumulus: ConcordNashIcon.com, GreenvilleNashIcon.com, ManchesterNashIcon.com, and MarionNashIcon.com. As Cumulus prepares to distribute Nash and NashIcons via its WestwoodOne networks, this could give an indication of some of the first markets where the brand will launch outside of Cumulus ownership.

Domain registrations don't necessarily mean moves but sometimes they do. CC registered Big1047 back in 2011 and only now they're using it in Pittsburgh. Cumulus may not nec. own stations in Manchester and Concord--and who knows,
these could be Manchesters or Concords in other states, but I wonder if this may bear fruit.

I’m still trying to figure out the difference between the regular Nash and the Nash Icon. The Nash Icon seems to be more of a Country AC format by mixing in more oldies.

Correct. Nash Icon is 90s to today with some 80s thrown in. Regular old Nash is pretty much only country of today or maybe the last couple of years.

Meanwhile radioinsight says via domain
name reg it looks like Coast95.3 York ME
flipping to country as the Bull it seems

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom