• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Just Created

R.D.P.

Star Participant
My own YouTube page. The name will be known as WPJB LPFM. Now if anyone reading wants to help me create a page, so I can advertise, let me know.

Dan <><

P.S. It's been very quite in these parts. Ready to get the ball rolling, on the advertising spree, Mr. Stevens or anyone else reading.

The account for Youtube has been deleted. I've decided not to use it. Will more than likely set up a Facebook page soon.

Dan <><

So.... where is the FB page?
How much time is left before that CP expires?

According to FCC data, his CP doesn't expire until 02/04/2017

Application Search Details
File Number: BNPL-20131112AAH
Call Sign: WPJB-LP
Facility Id: 193434
FRN: 0023037609
Applicant Name: PEOPLE FOR JESUS RADIO BROADCASTING COMPANY,
Frequency: 93.3
Channel: 227
Community of License: SELMA, AL
Application Type: ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION PERMIT
Status Date: 02/04/2014
Expiration Date: 02/04/2017

As you likely know already, I turned in my CP for the former KOAV-LP Cañon City the first week of May. I was in the "null set"of LPFM applicants, outside the circle of applicants with sufficient funds to construct on their own, and outside the circle of applicants with several interested people on their board to help spearhead construction and fundraising.

Trying to raise funds to build an LPFM proved to be too daunting to pull off on my own. A well publicized initial fundraising effort to raise $1000 in 30 days came up short. This was the acid test. Upon the failing of $1000 in 30 days fundraiser, I pulled the plug.

I could have leaned on parents and siblings, but they all took a dim view of the venture. I decided that trying to put whatever extra money I had available towards the LPFM would be better spent on stuffing my daughter's college fund.

Yes, I'm still sad I killed it, but I know I made the right decision.

Russ Johnson

Applying for the LPFM was the easy part. The fundraising and gathering community support I knew was going to be a tough nut. After several potential supporters, not necessarily financial supporters but people who were better connected than myself, bailed on the idea, my "Hail, Mary" plan of a $1000 fundraiser during April, coupled with a promoted campaign on the station's Facebook page, was going to be the test on whether to go forward.

Prior to my disability, I worked in radio in Des Moines for a number of years. I thought I had a good rapport with the people in the offices where I worked. I was trying for a token donation, even just $20, from these former employers just for the endorsement value, hoping it would help tip a few of the folks here into donating. It was to no avail as the former employers all said no.

The point I really want to emphasize here is that lone wolf applicants without money, like Dan and myself, need to have a team of interested, local people to join in the effort. If that doesn't happen, it's time to say "if the community doesn't want to support it, the community doesn't get the station." No need in bashing our heads against the wall.

Russ

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom