• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

95.7 The Jet --- Seattle's Variety from the 70's 80's and More...

Funky KICKS going down in the city.....ugg. Sanitized for your enjoyment. Here it comes....jingle...sweeper...dry segue...what is the next cut. I guess Madonna

sweeper into I Love Rock and Roll.

So. How does this make the station any different than it was before....or any other station in town?

and song three is The Way You Make Me Feel - MJ. Only way to make this right in the radio universe is to play Kokomo in the first hour!

Stuck In The Middle With You - song 4

Eye Of The Tiger - song 5

Need You Tonight - song 6

Blinded By The Light - song 7

Kiss On MY List - Song 8

Foreplay/Longtime - song 9

Little Red Corvette - song 10

Jack and Diane - song 11

Last edited:
In their defense, the specialty of 95.7 in the last 20 years has been to
launch a montage....start a format....let it ride for about a year or two then {return to beginning of this line}

Wonder where our usual corporate radio apologists are?.....Oh yeah, they're French kissing their mirrors....

"SEATTLE is a great radio town and listeners have a high musical passion and intellect," CCM+E/SEATTLE VP/Programming KEITH CUNNINGHAM said." What we learned talking directly with listeners and doing extensive research is that expectations for SEATTLE radio have changed, and wider playlists with more variety are desired. We saw the opportunity to take the best of 95.7 KJR FM, add more variety, and create a more modernized presentation.* Re-branding as THE JET was a no-brainer and a nod to our love for SEATTLE’s history in aviation and airline manufacturing.”

gotta love the non radio guy from New York saying that the jet is a nod to Seattle's history. what about the history of those call letters that you're just throwing to the side?

Who gives a crap who if any AT is gonna be on this isipid banal piece of pablum for the masses or it will be jockless... Its still a turd in the punch bowl. Proving that CC still thinks people/listeners (or rather hearers) are morons. I've expressed this type of sentiment on the LA board, but I thought Seattleites were a little more sophisticated.

Who gives a crap who if any AT is gonna be on this isipid banal piece of pablum for the masses or it will be jockless... Its still a turd in the punch bowl. Proving that CC still thinks people/listeners (or rather hearers) are morons. I've expressed this type of sentiment on the LA board, but I thought Seattleites were a little more sophisticated.

They are. It's just Clear Channel that's clueless.

I just love the wording of these press statements, like they actually did any work in picking "The Jet" for a name, an even blander music format and then sitting back and expecting the $$$ and listeners to just roll in. If they actually did anything, they'd be a LOT edgier musically. But they don't call them "Cheap Channel" for nothing.....

The Jet is a joke so far...I can't wait to turn it off. Man, am I going to miss Bob Rivers! His show was the only show worth listening to, but we all have to retire someday.

10:30am ish we heard Blinded By The Light. Song 7. It is now 12:51 and they are playing it again. Nice...they will burn all 250 songs real quick.

What they've done is a simple radio executive's math formula:

(KJR-FM)-(AC/DC)+(Prince)=Q104.5

I mean, the difference is shockingly small according to my ears. Big difference is no sung jingles or the 1 60's song per hour that you get on Q.

95.7 The Jet - Different Name, Same Music as on 1193 other stations!! Thanks a lot CC. You've ruined 95.7 long enough. Wish it could have just been "Hear the roar of the Soft Engine on the Jet, 70s, 80s and 90s Soft Favorites". The latter idea is probably better for me and many others on this board.
I bet Bill Wolfenbarger is thinking "@#%^ Clear Channel" at this time, he's GOT a Jet!! And I bet you he ain't giving up "93.1/105.7 The Jet" for CC. I thought that was a clever name for a Hot AC down in Grays Harbor County.
When you hear "Blinded By The Light" twice in two hours it can only mean one thing - it's the "know-it-alls" dream come true to talk about "the top 300 researched songs".
The ONLY Seattle station I stream (or listen to, if I am close to the city or there's good tropo) is 96.5 Jack FM. And that is starting to tire me out too. All the other stations suck!! Even Q104.5 sucks. 1 60s song an hour puleeze. I miss the "All Songs of the 60s and 70s" formula. That was an unbelievable playlist and EVERYONE on here loved it.

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom