• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Brunswick, GA: Qantum/Clear Channel/Conniseour

U

Unregistered

Almost nobody knows what will happen when the deal closes on the Qantum/Clear Channel/Conniseur, "swap/merger" and what will happen to all of Qantum's 4 FM Stations (WBGA-92.7, WYNR-102.5, WQGA-103.3, and WHFX-107.7) and it 2 AM Stations (WGIG-1440 and WMOG-1490) when it gets merged with Clear Channel. Clear Channel has it's stations all in between Brunswick (Savannah and Jacksonville.)

For one thing, WBGA might either end it's format or be spun off to another company, as 101.5 is liscensed to Brunswick, even though it's transmission facilites are in Jacksonville. I think Golden Isles Broadcasting might acquire B92.7 from Clear Channel as V101.5 is also an Old School station. I know WBGA has some old school music, but it might be worth a try.

Likely format: No change, if it's spun off to Golden Isles Broadcasting, if not then it will switch formats, possibly Classic Hits from AM Sister Station WMOG.

WYNR's format might not change, but however, it might move it's local programing later in the day, and it might cut some jobs off. It might have a possibility to acquire popular CC country morning show, "The Bobby Bones Show" and operate some programing from Premiere Networks.

Likely format: No change.

WQGA's name won't have a new look after the merger, so probably it might form an "KISS-FM Network with a row of "KISS-FM" branded Top-40 stations, from Melbourne to Florence, SC.

Likely format: No change, but will change it's name to "103.3 KISS-FM", like sister stations, 97.9 in Jacksonville, 97.3 in Savannah, 105.3 in Gainesville, 103.3 in Florence, SC, and 95.1 in Melbourne, FL.

WHFX may not change formats at all and might simulcast the morning show from sister station "WRFX" in Charlotte, NC.

I will update with the AM stations later.

Now that I am finished with the FM Stations in Brunswick, I will now do the AM Stations.

107.7 WHFX might also add Sixx Sense w/Nikki Sixx and 103.3 WQGA might add Elvis Duran.

1440 WGIG might stay with CBS Radio Network but it might simulcast talk shows from Premiere Networks.

1490 WMOG will merge all FOX Sports programing to future sister station 930 WFXJ, which also happens to be an FOX Sports affiliate.

Likely format: No change, but will acquire new programing from ESPN Radio, and will be the home of many sports, and may be Brunswick's new home for their local JAX Jaguars! Sadly, I am not a Jaguars fan, I am a Dolphins fan.

I was also asking, what do you think of this or how will you put the Clear Channel/Quantum Stations and how will they fit Premieum's Lineup.

What would be most likely is the end of local "talent" in Brunswick in most any form -- no VTing from local studios, no live and local morning show, heavily reduced remote broadcasts in the area, outsourced production, etc.

Expect the formats to stay very similar between the two owners, but expect out-of-town VTs to take over all "local" shifts and Premium Choice satellite programming to be basically 24/7 on the music stations when CC takes the reins.

And I'm not 100% sure, but CC's John Boy and Billy were on 'HFX for quite awhile...expect that to stay exactly as-is regardless of whether the format goes to Premium Choice active rock or classic rock.

Anyway, good luck to Brunswick radio and those talents who will lose out due to this. A lot of us cut our teeth down there at one point and time...broadcasting to thousands of gators and hundreds of people! It was market #2xx, but, hey...at least it was a rated market!

Radio-X

Will someone explain the Brunswick radio market to me? I have been there once, and I was NOT wallowing in radio listening during that visit.

I haven't taken the time yet to look up the stations and see who has a transmitter way up toward Savannah and they are really serving that market, and who has a transmitter way down toward Jacksonville and they are really serving that market.

But a quick look at Radio-Locator indicates that stations with transmitters located within 30 miles or so of Brunswick number about 30.

Stations that actually carry Brunswick as City Of License is bumping up close to 20.

In a town of less than 20,000 peoples, a "metro" of maybe 120,000 to 130,000 people. Maybe one station just programs to all the radio people who live in the market? :mad:

I guess by the time you include all the retired broadcasters and absentee broadcast owners who live on the islands.... maybe an "all broadcaster audience" could be a reality. :cool:

*** I know. I included the non-comms in my quick head-count... butr they carve into the audience also.

While the Brunswick market is "over-radioed" CC did get good stations with the best signals and decent market share. I'm sure the acquisition fit a sales strategy to "fill-in" the gap between Savannah and Jacksonville which gives CC continuous coverage with multiple signals from Jacksonville to Charleston.

Wait!! Didn't that swap for WBGA to turn into WMOG-FM already happen? I think I was right about WBGA turning into WMOG-FM, well, more less... I was thinking they would be sold, but Big 96.3 moved to 92.7 and B92.7 Jamz moved to 96.3 and 1490 AM, so I think they won't need a sports station in Brunswick, but I think Elvis Duran won't come to Brunswick, GA. I think like the scenario that happened in future sister station in Savannah, I think 103Q/103.3 Kiss FM will keep Kidd Kraddick (still the show's name, even though he is dead) but I think the Premiere Choice's Hit Nation will bring in programming to Brunswick and will take AT40 and OnAir away from competetor Magic 105.9. Sisanie, JoJo Kinacid, SNOL, Evolution and some mix of DJ's from future ajadcent sister stations 97.9 and 97.3 Kiss FM in Jacksonville and Savannah respectively. 103Q/Kiss FM will only drop PopCrush w/Billy Bush. AC will remain as Kiss FM's only local DJ. Here will be the schedule with Clear Channel owning this station

The New 103.3 KISS FM On Air Schedule:
Monday-Wednesday & Friday
Midnight-2am-JoJo Kinacid.
2am-6am-Sisanie.
6am-10am-Kidd Kraddick In The Morning.
10am-2pm-OnAir w/Ryan Seacrest. (taken from Magic 105.9)
2pm-7pm-AC. (Local DJ)
7pm-Midnight-Catalina. (97.9 KISS FM DJ)

Thursday
Midnight-2am-JoJo Kinacid.
2am-6am-Sisanie.
6am-10am-Kidd Kraddick In The Morning.
10am-2pm-OnAir w/Ryan Seacrest.
2pm-7pm-AC. (Local DJ)
7pm-10pm-Reid on The Radio. (97.3 KISS FM DJ)
10pm-Midnight-Evolution w/Pete Tong.

Saturday
Midnight-6am-103.3 Kiss FM-No DJ-Only Music.
6am-10am-Boy Toy Jesse.
10am-2pm-Jean Marie. (97.9 KISS FM DJ)
2pm-7pm-Maddox. (97.9 KISS FM DJ)
7pm-Midnight-Saturday Night Online w/Romeo.

Sunday
Midnight-8am-103.3 Kiss FM-No DJ-Only Music.
8am-Noon-AT40 w/Ryan Seacrest.
Noon-3pm-Sisanie.
3pm-7pm-AC. (Local DJ)
7pm-Midnight-Club Kane.

So that's it for 103Q/103.3 KISS FM's lineup. :D

Well, when do you think Quantum and CC M+E (iHeartMedia) will merge with each other and B92.7 has swapped with translator 96.3, so Big 96.3, is on a "bigger" signal, get it? So it's now Big 92.7 with a "bigger" signal. Good way to close the deal with Quantum and iHeartMedia. ;)

It almost looks like as if this Qantum-Clear Chan...I mean iHeartMedia deal is already closed. I just saw below everyone's website that their websites are controlled by IHM. Now that deal is done, when are they going to have their iHeartRadio streams up and running, and when will 103Q become 103.3 Kiss FM and 103X in Florence will also become 103.3 Kiss FM. I disagree about Mix 97.7 turning into Kiss 97.7 in Myrtle Beach and I want them to stay as Mix 97.7. Their name may be proven useful to IHM and make their new logo look like sister stations 96.1 in San Antonio and 106.1 in Philly.

As of November 19th, 2014, iHeart has not put up the streams of the Qantum stations as of yet on iHeartRadio. Maybe they still haven't closed the deal yet. I mean, come on it's past 180 days already and they should already negotiate to merge at this time. I want 103Q (Kiss FM) to BE ON IHEARTRADIO! AND also form a relationship with WQIK and Fun Country 102.5. And B96.3 needs to be sold or change formats as they have V101.5 and 93.3 The Beat in JAX, which is about 20 miles or so from Brunswick. I know they may have been licensed to Waycross or something, but they broadcast to Brunswick. Don't worry about Steve Harvey, he will be in 101.5, which also is licensed to Brunswick so no big deal to kill B96.3. They can just change to another format, like alternative music, called "ALT 96.3"! Oh yeah, it would also be on AM 1490, but maybe they will seperate streams so the AM WON'T BE alternative music, maybe switch it to FOX SPORTS RADIO 1490. :)

WXTK in Cape Cod is on iHeartRadio. However, as of this morning, that's the only one of the ex-Qantum stations to appear on the app. It went up almost as soon as the deal closed.

I briefly saw Auburn, AL and Brunswick, GA show up on the iPhone app a few weeks ago, but they showed no entries and were gone the next time I checked a day or two later.

For what it's worth, it took Louie 103.7 in St. Louis awhile to show up, too.

I know the app has more stations, but what about the computer version of iHeartRadio. Also, what will iHeart do to the stations, apart from B96.3 switching to ALT 96.3 and 103Q switching to Kiss-FM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom