• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes in Store for Comedy 1560/92.9?

Scooby214

Regular Participant
I noticed that Comedy 1560/92.9 is now simulcasting 107.7 The Franchise. I can't imagine that they are planning on moving the sports format over to 1560/92.9, as neither the AM or FM frequency is all that strong. I wonder what will be next for 1560/92.9.

EDIT: This doesn't appear to be a simulcast, after all. This morning, 1560 and 92.9 appear to be airing a syndicated sports talk program, not the local sports talk show being played on 107.7 The Franchise. Perhaps they are making it a sister station to The Franchise.

Last edited:
There are so many formats missing in the OKC market yet more and more sports stations keep popping up. In the past year, the market has added 92.9, 105.3, and 107.7 on FM alone as sports talkers. There are rumors of yet another one on a translator that isn't on the air yet. Isn't the market saturated by now?

What would it take to get more variety on the dial in OKC?

From what I understand, 1560/92.9 "The Franchise II" is carrying all NBC Sports programming. So, it will simulcast KRXO from time-to-time but will air network programming when KRXO is local.

From what I understand, 1560/92.9 "The Franchise II" is carrying all NBC Sports programming. So, it will simulcast KRXO from time-to-time but will air network programming when KRXO is local.

So they're creating The Franchise Radio Network then

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom