• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Atlanta Radio Ratings: July 2014

Ratings

Wow look at B-98!!!! What happened with KISS and V-103?

Here we go again: News 1067 drops again. So I once again ask: how long will the Dickey brothers tolerate these low numbers ?
Automated music is sure cheaper to run than paying all those live news people including Michael Graham and the Kimmer. Any bets
on how many more numbers below 2 will they tolerate ? 1.6 is a poor showing

It's embarrasing and they're getting a boost from carrying the braves, it'll only get worse friends.

Is it correct to say that Star 94 hasn't recovered from parting ways with Steve & Vicki? That's been how many years now? Or could it be that, coupled with increased competition from Q100, Power and B98.5?

Last edited:
I would like to know why Cumeless holds on to WWWQ-HD3 format, it is a disaster at 97.9? Bring back Journey. Maybe a Labor Day change==All Christmas, lol..

I would like to know why Cumeless holds on to WWWQ-HD3 format, it is a disaster at 97.9? Bring back Journey. Maybe a Labor Day change==All Christmas, lol..

Sirius XM dropped their 20 on 20 format...wondering why Cumulus is sticking with the format. We still have a hole for adult hits...for those of us not old enough for GTO but too old for CHR.

Then again, GenX has never been a prized target demo. At least not when there are boomers and millennials to go after.

Where the heck is caller10? I thought he'd be all over this thread.

Here we go again: News 1067 drops again. So I once again ask: how long will the Dickey brothers tolerate these low numbers ?
Automated music is sure cheaper to run than paying all those live news people including Michael Graham and the Kimmer. Any bets

Don't get the obsession - must be a CNN alumni thing.

106.7 July numbers should have been stronger w/the Braves. No doubt about it.

Cumulus = FAIL

Cumulus = FAIL.

Aside from B-98.5's massive numbers, the other big story is how 94-9 The Bull's lead continues to grow larger, and larger and larger with each monthly ratings report.

They are closing in on a 3 share lead!!!

Kix is quickly becoming to Country music what Rock 100.5 has always been to rock music in this market -- an also-ran that is barely relevant.

Cumulus has a knack for destroying once successful stations in major markets. The problem is, the stations they are destroying happen to be the ones they own!

I think they want to "destroy" Kicks. It will give them a good reason to refresh and rebrand as NASH. If Kicks keeps doing well, they really would not be able to relaunch the station.

For a company that relies on the advertising of others as their main source of revenue, Cumulus needs to do some of its own.

106.7 needs a few tweeks to get the ratings higher:
1. Billboards featuring Michael Graham, the Kimmer, and the Braves.
2. Have Pete Davis host the morning news block with John & Cheryl. He was the main back up for Tom "The King" Hughes in the later years at WGST and would be just as entertaining. If anyone could emulate Tom, it would be Pete Davis.
3. Get rid of those hideous call letters. It's been stated that call letters don't matter these days. That may be so for music stations, but not News/Talk stations. Do you listen to Rush and Sean on News 95.5 and AM 750, or WSB. Do you listen to Michael Savage on NewsTalk 1160 or WCFO? Is Mark Levin on Talk 920 or WGKA? I know the last 2 aren't exactly ratings powerhouses, but you get the point. Cumulus is sitting on some heritage AM calls in other cities that could be used on 106.7. Though, I'm not sure if WABC-FM could be used as Disney may object, but it's doubtful that anything is stopping Cumulus from applying the call letters from their Detroit AM station on an FM in Atlanta. WJR-FM anyone? Market the station as WJR NewsRadio.
4. Send Bloomquist packing. The ratings have dropped since his arrival and noting his legacy of destruction at WGST, WBT, WMAL, and WRVA, it's time for him to leave the Building of Good (to quote the Kimmer).

I had a chance to speak with Tom "The King" Hughes at his recent book signing, and he stated that even with the lowered ratings, WGST was still making money with the local programs, but Clear Channel thought they could make more revenue with syndicated programming. We all know how that's been working for them.

Last edited:
I think they want to "destroy" Kicks. It will give them a good reason to refresh and rebrand as NASH. If Kicks keeps doing well, they really would not be able to relaunch the station.

I doubt they're destroying the station on purpose. If they wanted to change it to NASH, they could do it. They own it. They wouldn't have to destroy it first.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom