• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Status of KHWG-750?

K

kenglish

Is KHWG-AM, 750 KHz in Fallon, still on the air?
Used to hear it almost everywhere at night.....I have not heard a peep out of them here in SLC for many months.
I checked their Facebook page a couple of times, and saw comments about their stream not being available, website not working, questions like "what happened to your signal?".
I also saw something about staff changes.

Anybody checked them out lately?

KHWG is owned by Keily Miller who is the CEO of an arm of the Hilltop Baptist Church. Their offices were in the Las Vegas Area.
The local manager of KHWG AM was Dee Gregory. Around Sept 3rd they were given notice to shut down in October when the money ran out for utilities and payroll. They did not renew their Fallon Business License. That was when I caught on. KHWG never broke in to the Reno ad market and was not making any money. Imagine your power bill if you had to pay for 10KW, then add up the payroll. In Pahrump, their situation was similar although their FM transmitter was close to US95 and did not cover Pahrump well until they added a translator. They also operated a TV station on channel 38. The FM station in Crystal/Pahrump did OK as the power was only 1800 watts ERP (might have been only a 1KW transmitter as ERP is the input power plus the antenna gain) and they only needed one announcer part time by using the feed from AM. They made a great lease deal with a Mexican Company for the FM and the TV so this meant that the AM country content was no longer necessary, and they started shutting down the Fallon operation in September. Bummer....

I've heard them a couple times at night here in W. Washington, sometimes with a decent signal. Another WA state DXer has heard them also.

Nice to hear them back on the air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom