• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Las Vegas FM Bandscan 8/2/2014

My last day visiting Las Vegas I was able to get a complete scan of the FM band in the NW Valley (Centennial Hills) area of the Las Vegas Valley.
Notable in the bandscan are the reception strengths of 93.5/94.5/96.7/99.7/106.9 from the small boosters each about 15-20 miles away, 106.9 had trouble at first.
Also note I couldn't receive 98.9's translator from Henderson. and I found a signal broadcasting Spanish on 87.75 mhz (TV Channel 6) Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPQPwpSpvs

Sorry that you were not able to hear our 98.9 translator in the NW valley. It is only 100 watts originating from Black mt Henderson, and has two antennas one directing east and the other to the north. It gives city grade coverage over mush of the metro area but not all. Since it translates our 1100 AM signal which originates from North Las Vegas at 20KW day and 2 KW night, most people don't mind. The frankenstein pirate on 87.75 is well known in the area.
Bill, Chief Engineer, Lotus Las Vegas..

Sunny 106.5

Pleasantly surprised to hear KSNE the other day--I hadn't listened in a looooong time because their music was so old and stale--Manilow/Streisand/Neil Diamond/super old crap 80s Phil Collins abominations. I tuned in by accident the other day and the music had been radically updated--now much more listenable. The Seventies music appears to be completely gone; I heard nothing older than mid-Eighties. They could probably stand to get rid of the Eighties music, too--otherwise they were sounding way better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom