• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wogl hd2

Their HD's-2/3 and 4 have been off since Memorial Day, their main HD came back last week. I think its the end for their HD's even though they spent thousands to upgrade them a few years ago, ironic WPHT still ID's as WOGL HD-3. I sure hope they come back, being an avid supporter of HD Radio.

Thank you hangman for the info. I enjoy their All 70's HD2. I listen to their stream out here on the west coast. Hope they bring it back.

Last edited:
As of this writing, all HD's are back and running, the only difference is their HD-3 and 4 are the same, the Phillies are gone from HD-4. WPHT is on both HD-3 and 4. I don't know why you like their 70's Channel with all the great other sources to choose from. Its mainly 90% Soul, R&B and Rhythmic Oldies, very little Pop and Rock, due to the fact the bias Soul Jock McCarthy, (not real name) is manning the helm.

I think they should make one of the other HD's all 80s and make it sound like WCAU-FM Hot Hits and the other HD 50s and 60s. They do the same thing on their regular station 98.1. Most of their 60s is either soul or the Beatles. I like both, but its time to move forward into the 80s. All of the other CBS oldies are playing one 60s an hour at most and WOGL is still playing 3.

Unfortunately WOGL's HD-4 is back to Phillies 24/7/365, can someone please tell me why they are doing this. Bad enough the HD's have little audiance and they are utilizing an HD-4, the only station with a 4 in this market, why waste it on this. Nobody is listening, at least Standards or Classic Oldies should be on this Channel, but why this stupid format. Standards or Classic Oldies or even Classic Country would at least have some listeners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom