• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTUV 620 Sold to W&B

Just found this on RadioInsight:
Davidson Media sells Regional Mexican 620 WTUV Louisville to W&B Broadcasting for $325,000. W&B owns Classic Hits 103.5 WAKY Radcliff/Louisville and Country “Big Cat 105.5” WLVK Fort Knox.

Just found this on RadioInsight:
Davidson Media sells Regional Mexican 620 WTUV Louisville to W&B Broadcasting for $325,000. W&B owns Classic Hits 103.5 WAKY Radcliff/Louisville and Country “Big Cat 105.5” WLVK Fort Knox.

I wonder what W&B is up to... a few months ago, there was that (still) unexplained bit about the translator at 100.1 to translate the 93.9 frequency, but it was granted to W&B.

I kind of think that 620 will return to Country as it was for so many years. No one is doing country oldies now that WRKA 103.9 changed to 90′s country.
Too bad that the WTMT call letters can’t return.They are on an alternative station (The Mountain) in Weaverville NC.
Right now 620 sounds terrible.The station sounded good when it was ESPN Radio.Hopefully the new owners can return it to sounding loud and clear.

IMO they'll put WAKY on AM to give them a city-grade signal over Louisville. They can easily fix the sound problems.

That station has a killer signal because it's at the low end of the dial. They only run 500 watts but I've listened to them perfectly at Mammoth Cave.

Just found out on RadioInsight that W&B's 100.1 (W261CO) Shelbyville applied to relocate to Louisville with 250 watts at 95 meters rebroadcasting WTUV 620.
I thought that they were going to be rebroadcasting 93.9 on 100.1. It's hard to believe that the format will remain Spanish. W&B paid $325,000 for 620.
There's not that much money to be made with a Spanish format is there?

I read that W&B has closed the sale and are now the owners of WTUV 620. I checked them out this morning and they sound so much better. The Spanish format is still there.I wonder if they are waiting to get the translator going before a format switch? Or will the Spanish format remain? WCND 940 in Shelbyville already has a Spanish format.

According to Nielsen, Louisville is about 4% Hispanic. I believe the vast majority of them are Spanish dominant. If it could reach almost all of those people, I believe that would be a solid middle of the pack with better numbers than WAKY 103.5 has ever had. The FM translator should help; Hispanics listen to AM at a lower rate than the general population. Of course, whether or not it could draw in those listeners and whether or not the advertising community wants to reach that audience will be the deciding factors, and I can't pretend to know that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom