• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best radios for airchecking?

I am wondering if anyone knows of what the best portable radios are to aircheck stations. I'm looking for something small which is digital (doesn't take cassettes) but has excellent reception. Can anyone suggest some models for me or point me to a place online where I can find out more? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don't use terrestrial radio for airchecks. I record the audio stream using Replay AV or Replay Media Catcher. You can set both to record at a designated time. And it captures the stream as a download. Check it out at Applian.com.

VLC player (recommended) and Real Player also can record incoming streams. There's a plug-in for Winamp called StreamRipper that will cache MP3 streams.

If you need to record off the air, consider CC Witness Plus. Go to ccrane.com. The recording is digital. It uses an SD card so you can swap or get a card with more storage capacity. You can also program in recording times. Transfer audio files to your desktop with a USB cable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom