• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Underwriting Guidelines

I'm looking for the latest guidelines from NPR, PRI or some other organization. We are a high school radio station and I like to read over the rules every year just to make sure we are doing the right things.

Also, would anyone be willing to share a few basic scripts for local businesses (fast food, gift shops, etc.)? We primarily deal with local small-town business, and sometimes they can be difficult to work with on underwriting language.

I also will be hiring a new assistant, who will need this information in a convenient package.

BTW, I've googled it. I seem to only be finding guidelines from 5+ years ago.

Thanks,
Jered

As you a public radio station as defined by CPB?

NPR and PRI are networks/distributors. Not stations.

Have you contacted the public radio station(s) in your area for information on this?

Small town businesses can be difficult? Tell me about it. Just the same for commercial stations sales reps.

Here ya go. Keep in mind that, as the page itself says, these are not hard and fast rules, per sé, but "guidelines." You're trusted to follow them to the best of your ability in the spirit of non-commercial operation. In other words, they're hard and fast rules that the commission will fine you over if you don't obey.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom