• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How to edit files for RDS in AudioVault 8.42.24?

BDProductions

New Participating Member
The station here runs AudioVault 8.42.24 and has a 2wComm c-02 RDS Encoder...

The Encoder supports TCP updates of info, such as Artist and Title, but looking in INI files for AudioVault I have no remote section yet. (not sure which INI it goes in and don't want to crash AV)

They bought the station and automation separately, so it has never worked over the last 10 years since purchase. I would like to change that.

Can anyone help?

I am not familiar with AV enough to know the what or which, other than where to find it's INI files.. or how to add the information that selects what gets sent over that connection: in our case only Artist and Title...

Thanks for any help,
Aaron

Another forum answered as follows:

This is from my AVFleX audiovau.ini file, but IIRC, it's the same as I used in a previous 8.4x version. It works best with TRE, but if you configure the 2wcom box to look to port 4500 for the data...

In the [AVAir] section:
IDD_CurrentEvent=TCP:+CurrentEvent:;TCP:-\n\r;

RemoteEventViewFormat="CutID={NAME} Type={CATEGORY} ArtistName={ARTIST} SongTitle={TITLE} Duration={DURATION}"
RemoteDeckViewFormat="CutID={NAME} Type={CATEGORY} ArtistName={ARTIST} SongTitle={TITLE} Duration={DURATION}"

Then add this after the [AVAir] section:

[RemoteControl.TCP]
DeviceType=SOCKET
SocketType=Called
Servicename=4500

We may need to hack this a little more. Were you able to get the Arcos Config program for the 2wcom box?

Hope this helps someone else, besides us... just wanted to share in case anyone else runs into this setup or wants to add RDS to a station..

Thanks for all the reads of this thread, and no bad feelings the answer came first from another site...

It's shared here now too :)

That's what it's all about, right?

Thanks for being here!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom