• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNDB 1150 now on FM

And 100,000 Watt Flamethrower K-Country WOGK Ocala is no longer listenable in Daytona.

And 100,000 Watt Flamethrower K-Country WOGK Ocala is no longer listenable in Daytona.

I was with 93.7 Ocala in the mid '80s when WOGK was CHR formatted WMMZ "Z 93" and I remember well hearing Z 93 clear at Ponce Inlet as well as throughout the Daytona Beach area. It is also very listenable in parts of Orlando and the Disney area.

No Problem here in Daytona Area with 93.1 and 93.5 W228CT is not broadcasting in STEREO.The only thing I notice is W228CT walking all over 93.7

Some stations run their translators in mono to increase the translator's coverage. Less picket-fencing due to multipath too.

Clever, so you give your AM talker an FM presence and in the process, cover up your distant competition's signal and thus help yet another station you own. Nice. More of the translator game here at play.

Byron

More to do with the Commission...Cornerstone owned 93.5 Construction Permit which Southern Stone bought so it would have been another Cornerstone Translator. FCC gave the green light to the engineering data submitted by Southern Stone the CP for 93.5 was for Daytona Beach as the COL (Or City of License) It's my fear the dial is going to get so crowded that in another 10 years you won't be able to clearly pick up much of anything.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom