• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Medford Construction Permit

AM&FM

We were going to build it ourselves, but now are looking to sell our Construction Permit for Medford's last commercial FM station. The Call letters are KORJ, the frequency is 97.7, city of license is Butte Falls. It should get a good signal into all of Jackson County.

And what did it cost you at auction ?? Maybe $ 75,000 ? I would think that a "Life-Long" non-upgradeable Class "A" would be worth more
like $ 125 K -- IF -- it was on the air. The owner of KZRO down in Dunsmuir, CA. has been trying to sell his possible "C-1" for the last ten years for 1 million in cash -- just because it will cover Redding. Both Redding, CA and Medford - Grants Pass, OR are very over radio-ed. You might "re-think" the price of your CP. Or atleast -- try to build-out the low powered "life-long" non-upgradeable Class "a" station. Good Luck. I hope you get it "on the air" as soon as you can. Both Medford and Redding keep growing. They are both "Mini- Palm Springs" with out the glitter. More like "mini-Fresnos". Just plain very HOT and way too many radio stations. Just the way I see it. Good Luck.

Great site, but with 300 watts, it is not going to penetrate office buildings in Medford from that distance. It probably won't compete effectively against signals like KBOY, which combines lots of power with a site near the population center. Nonetheless, it looks like it might a serviceable signal as a "rim shot", may work just fine for niche programming.

Value? Whatever a buyer is willing to pay...

Two more months and this CP is toast !!!
How much would it cost to put a 300 watt signal "on the air" ? Even if just to have something to sell ? EMF just waiting to upgrade it's 97.7 station ??

9 - 27 - 2016. Boom - Gone - History. They should at a minimum get $ 50,000 for the time and effort and out of pocket costs not to even consider the time and work getting a site.

Somebody SAVE this CP !!!!!
Give them a call 209-544-1055

Save this helpless animal !!!

13 city grade full power commercial FMs in Medford...I'm sure the owners and the IRS will be gentle with the helpless CP. Owner will have a capital loss to use against taxes when the CP gets turned back to the FCC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom