• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JRR billboards in Ocala

Driving to Ocala I noticed two billboards for JRR. One on State Road 200 just passed 484, (Like your coming from Inverness) there is also one driving southbound on I-75 just south of exit 341. (Still in Marion County)

Why is Clear Channel advertising WJRR in Ocala, tune to 101.1 in Ocala and you'll get mostly static mixed with rock music. Thats if another station isn't trying to come in on top. Not to mention Ocala isn't even part of the Orlando radio market.

Even so most people driving northbound on SR200 are driving North. Either to Downtown Ocala or places to the north like Gainesville. So whatever signal you do get from JRR would probably disappear after a few miles.

Now southbound I-75 seems to make more sense. Especially for those getting on the Turnpike or getting off at 44 to go east towards Leesburg.

Even if Clear Channel Orlando's cluster was trying to target Ocala why JRR. WMGF actually has a good signal in Ocala being its based out of Orange City, not Bithlo.

Not to double post but after seeing the first billboard I thought someone put up a 101.1 translator in Ocala. Sure enough it was JRR, Orlando's Rock Station. If Clear Channel is targeting Ocala over a local format void that could be something to discuss on the North Florida board.

Like how WTRS is an Ocala local and its ratings have been sliding. Maybe keep Bubba the Love Sponge and flip to Active Rock. Gainesvilles 100.5 The Buzz has a worse signal in Ocala than WJRR or 98Rock out of Tampa.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom