• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Publicity stunt by entercom/wrko's jeff kuhner !

O

Omnibus

It turns out that the alleged protest march on the State House on Saturday, July26 against housing the undocumented immigrant childre was nothing more than a publicity stunt by the guy with the hard "G's"; WRKO rightwing nut Jeff Kuhner.

You would think that this person with the strange foreign pronunciation pattern would have had an historical memory of some of his own people. In 1938 the ship the S.S St. Louis sailed from Europe with primarily people of the Jewish faith who were attempting to escape Nazi Germany. That great liberal President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and a large American Anti-Semitic cabal would not let the ship dock in the United States. In time the ship with the same passengers returned to Europe and German and most of the passengers on the S.S. St. Louis were later murdered in Germany and Poland's concentration camps.

Have we come so little a distance that the ilk of a Jeff Kuhner who should know more than most about discrimination uses the plight of innocent children to publicize his own failing radio program and rightwing nut agenda?

Yes, it will most likely cost us all money we will never get back to protect these children but it is the moral and right thing to do.

Fortunately, according to polling that was just released today more than 50% of the citizens of Massachusetts agree with Governor Patrick that we cannot abandon these children.

So, it looks like the very strange and radical Jeff Kuhner's publicity stunt has failed and he can take his program and his hard "G's" into certain obscurity.

Kuhner isn't Jewish.I believe he's a Christian
of Croat-Canadian heritage. Knew it already but
double checked Wikipedia-- Croat- Canadian, a
"pious Christian"/ United Church of Christ.

Last edited:
I'm going to start this off by saying that I consider myself a liberal leaning moderate.

That said, this painful whining kills me and gives anyone with a moderate stance a terrible taste in their mouth.

So a radio host held a public event that gained media coverage. Shouldn't every radio station be promoting itself and getting its name out there?

I seem to remember Jerry Williams doing a lot of this stuff (but you share his point of view, so I'm betting that makes it different.)

I'll wrap this up by saying that Jeff Kuhner is painful to listen to. His extremist schtick is tired and worn out. I'm sick of all extremist talk radio. Want to know why the 25-54s avoid talk radio like the plague? I'm 28 and I'm here to tell you we avoid it because it's obnoxious and doesn't reflect reality in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:
What harm can Jeff or Howie do? "Nobody
listens to them". Hey, RKO needs to make
a little money now that Ent. lost the account
of those ultra left wingers at Fox. The sky is
falling! So said Chicken Little, otherwise
known as a mini-hen.

Mentioning Kuhner did a publicity stunt brings attention
to him. Hey it worked! Jeff thanks you.

Some publicity you don't want. God forbid. but does the name Alan Berg mean anything to you?
What harm can Jeff or Howie do? "Nobody
listens to them". Hey, RKO needs to make
a little money now that Ent. lost the account
of those ultra left wingers at Fox. The sky is
falling! So said Chicken Little, otherwise
known as a mini-hen.

Mentioning Kuhner did a publicity stunt brings attention
to him. Hey it worked! Jeff thanks you.

Did see movie Talk Radio about Berg..now
you're not suggesting what happened to
Barry Champlain (book it was based on was
Talked to Death) will happen here? I saw the
movie in Woburn, hometown of actor/dir.
Eric Bogosian and prod Ed Zwick

Exactly.
Did see movie Talk Radio about Berg..now
you're not suggesting what happened to
Barry Champlain (book it was based on was
Talked to Death) will happen here? I saw the
movie in Woburn, hometown of actor/dir.
Eric Bogosian and prod Ed Zwick

"Right Wing Nut" here

You lefties are the problem. That is all.

It turns out that the alleged protest march on the State House on Saturday, July26 against housing the undocumented immigrant childre was nothing more than a publicity stunt by the guy with the hard "G's"; WRKO rightwing nut Jeff Kuhner.

You would think that this person with the strange foreign pronunciation pattern would have had an historical memory of some of his own people.

Didn't your old buddy, Jerry Williams, the dean of Boston talkradio, do the same kind of publicity stunts? Parking tickets rallies, fee and fine protests? Seat belt roadblocks? All for publicity...

His OWN people? Is this just one more thing on which you opine and have no idea what you are talking about?

Last edited:
Further evidence Omnibus is a world-class internet troll without a clue... geez.

For what it's worth, Alan Berg's murder was fueled by anti-semitism. Nothing else. He was murdered by nazis because he was Jewish, and dared to criticize the statement that all jews were direct descendants of the devil. He just happened to be a very high-profile Jewish man.

Your postings reveal exactly who you are. . .
Didn't your old buddy, Jerry Williams, the dean of Boston talkradio, do the same kind of publicity stunts? Parking tickets rallies, fee and fine protests? Seat belt roadblocks? All for publicity...

His OWN people? Is this just one more thing on which you opine and have no idea what you are talking about?

Believe the guy behind those rallies, Robert Fish, is quite dead. Desperate acts by a dying radio station on both accounts - one because the FCC yanked the broadcast license from corrupt O'Neil family who owned WRKO - General Tire and Rubber Company and now by the bottom feeders of Entercom and their lackeys.

http://www.worldtribune.com/2014/07/27/major-rally-obamas-tyranny-rocks-liberal-massachusetts/

Note: The author of this piece, Grace Vuoto, is aka Mrs Kuhner--which she gladly discloses. Also there was a debate as to exactly how many people were at the rally. The same thing happened with Jerry Williams and his anti-New Braintree prison rally, IIRC.

>>“The rally was an obvious sign that even here in ultra-liberal Massachusetts, there is a major political rebellion brewing against the corrupt, arrogant and dangerously disconnected political elites of our country,” said rally organizer Jeff Kuhner in an interview with Worldtribune.com. Mr. Kuhner is the host of WRKO’s morning radio talk show, The Kuhner Report. He is known as “Boston’s Bulldozer” for his brazen defiance of the state’s liberal policies and its politically correct culture....Disclaimer: Let the record show that I, Dr. Grace Vuoto, am also proud to be Mrs. Kuhner!]

Last edited:
A pic of the failed (no not really) rally.One sign says What About Our Veterans. Also it was said Jeff had said the Our Father prayer at the rally... not Jewish.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtfdwyHCYAAR8AX.jpg

Another. Quite a crowd.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/1....jpg_srz_675_230_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

RKO may not exactly be lighting the ratings on fire but the likes of Jeff and Howie do have quite a following. If RKO were a total flop, if it were not making at least some money, it would have become ESPN Deportes years ago.

Last edited:
Believe the guy behind those rallies, Robert Fish, is quite dead. Desperate acts by a dying radio station on both accounts - one because the FCC yanked the broadcast license from corrupt O'Neil family who owned WRKO - General Tire and Rubber Company and now by the bottom feeders of Entercom and their lackeys.

So when the politics suit you...rallies and publicity are fine.

When they don't...it's the end of the world.

Got it.

And did you correct yourself for referring to "his people"? Or did you admit you were speaking of something you know nothing of?

I would have to consult with you first to state something about which I knew nothing. Consulting with the likes of your ilk... a fate worse than death..... ;-)

So when the politics suit you...rallies and publicity are fine.

When they don't...it's the end of the world.

Got it.

And did you correct yourself for referring to "his people"? Or did you admit you were speaking of something you know nothing of?

"Lackeys"..."bottom feeders"..."your ilk"...We not only know just who you are, but what you are as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom