• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

very good tropo in north AL/ south TN 7-26-14

TheDingo

Leading Participant
started out the day in Fayetteville TN, local 106.1 WTAK was being stepped all over by KWKZ "C106.1" from Charleston MO

that mysterious country station on 102.9 I mentioned a few weeks ago stomping all over Nashvilles 102.9, finally identified it as KEZS Cape Girardeau MO, K103, and even got a TOH ID recorded.

I traveled down US231 to Arab AL, where after crossing Brindle Mountain, switched over to 93.1, looking for the usual WGMZ out of Gadsden AL, thought I had it in loud and clear, which is fairly unusual for it in that location, until it ID'd as "93 KZLE" (Batesville AR). Hung around Arab for most of the day, and any time i was near the car, KZLE was still loud and clear.

later on in the evening, on the trip back to Fayetteville, still had KZLE on, and noticed at one point, two other stations fighting with it, one being WGMZ, and the other identified as "Classic Rock 93-1, online at classicrock931.com" which turns out to be KBDZ Perryville MO.

in south Huntsville, caught rock on 95.5, and identified it via RDS as Z95 The Bone KJEZ Poplar Bluff MO.

so throughout the day I had:

KWKZ 106.1 34kW Charleston MO to Fayetteville TN 194mi overpowering local 5.4kW
KEZS 102.9 100kW Cape Girardeau MO to Fayetteville TN 222mi overpowering fringe 100kW
KZLE 93.1 99kW Batesville AR to Arab AL 309mi overpowering fringe 1650w
KBDZ 93.1 *36kw Perryville MO to Lacey's Springs AL 301mi fighting it out with 99kW KZLE, fringe 1650w WGMZ, as well as bleed from local 93.3
KJEZ 95.5 100kW Poplar Bluff MO to Huntsville AL 257mi fighting with Nashvilles WSM-FM

*KBDZ originally licensed for 1600w, has a CP for 36kW

radio used: factory installed MyLink radio in 2013 Chevy Cruze

A good day in East Tennessee for tropo (which is unusual). I had WGTZ, WFCJ and WNKE (104.1) from Ohio, "Arkansas 103.3", Max Rock 98.1 near Memphis and others

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom