• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Musical chairs at CBS 46 Mornings

nightmanager

Frequent Participant
As suspected by the recent lack of on-air appearances, Stefan Chase is out at CBS 46. http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/tag/stefan-chase Her bio is gone from the CBS 46 "meet the staff" site although it can still be reached via google.

Morning traffic is now being reported by Pothole Harry, who is way too funny to do serious traffic. He's reportedly garnering a lot of complaints for his complete lack of reverence. That is his style. Would not expect anything else. I may be in the minority here in thinking live traffic on TV is about the last thing I need in the mornings. Radio and Waze do a much better, timely job of it.

Anyway, fellow morning denizen Annalee Penny who used to report live is now reporting live on tape. So clearly Chase leaving is not the only change going on.

Weatherist Jennifer Valdez has been absent as well recently. Paul Ossmann is doing a fine fill as always. Not sure what's going on there or if this is permanent.

Hi everyone! The musical chairs are continuing almost a year later in June 2015. From what I've noticed, both Jocelyn Connell & Vince Sims are gone. Reporter Kim Passoth was anchoring mornings a couple of weeks ago. Now, she's gone. Rebecca Schramm was anchoring in the interim just last week. The good news is Rebecca is still with CBS46 as a reporter. Now, 2 new anchors have taken over CBS46 Morning News. Their names are Bobby Kaple and Gloria Neal. This morning is their first day on the job. I watched them earlier and they're doing an awesome job. What about the 12:00 PM (12 Noon) newscast? I'll be starting a thread addressing that newscast once I know something. Anyway, that is all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom