• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New shows coming into your market in Sept. 2014

Meanwhile, WUPA will have The Good Wife on weekends; and even though they're Gannett-owned, WATL is adding Ring Of Honor Wrestling...at 2:00 am on Saturdays!!!

There is hope, after all, for the show to expand to non-Sinclair markets. This is good news.

Well, KOMO 4 has ROH Wrestling at 1:05AM Saturday morning after Nightline; here in Yakima, KIMA 29 has them at 12:30AM Sunday morning after Burn Notice.

KONG 16 is taking Rachael Ray from KIRO, which now has Meredith Vieira at 9AM PT. KSTW 11 has Hot Bench, as mentioned before they are getting Raising Hope.
KONG 16 is also getting a double run of Forensic Files weeknights buried around 1 or 2AM.
KAPP 35 in Yakima is moving Queen Latifah to 4PM starting tomorrow - ex 2PM. The Doctors moves to 2PM, ironic because KOMO in Seattle also has them at 2PM. Steve Harvey moves to KOMO-4 as well from KSTW-11, leaving CW11 with only one Steve Harvey program - a double run of Family Feud right in prime access time (7-8PM).
NO Hot in Cleveland in Seattle! Will be aired on KCYU-41 here in Yakima. No idea on Anger Management either, both Yakima or Seattle.
Blue Bloods and the Good Wife are also MIA in Yakima, but KAPP gets "Scandal" Saturday nights (replaces Private Practice).

-crainbebo

This is what's new for first run syndication in Chicago, & not much new.

WMAQ-TV (NBC) The Meredith Vieira Show at 1pm (don't know what it replaces)

While not new, but it looks like Fox O&O WPWR-TV (MNT) picked up Who wants to be a Millionaire, & airing it at 4pm, & a repeat at 4:30pm (WGN-TV was last airing this show in the same timeslot)

With The Test now cancelled, WGN-TV is adding another hour of Maury at 3pm, in addition to the new episodes at 1pm. Also for WGN-TV, since they lost Rachel Ray to WLS-TV (they also lost Live with Kelly & Michael back in 2012, resulting another hour of morning news to fill the 9am slot), instead of expanding the news to go into 1pm, they decided to air locally produced Chicago's Best at 10am. I don't know if this is temporary, while they get a show ready for the timelot that will be produced by Tribune, & carried on Tribune stations, & syndicated via a syndicator to non-Tribune markets. Bill Cunningham would have only stayed on Tribune stations, if The CW hadn't picked up the show for national carriage.

This is what's new for first run syndication in Chicago, & not much new.

WMAQ-TV (NBC) The Meredith Vieira Show at 1pm (don't know what it replaces)

While not new, but it looks like Fox O&O WPWR-TV (MNT) picked up Who wants to be a Millionaire, & airing it at 4pm, & a repeat at 4:30pm (WGN-TV was last airing this show in the same timeslot)

With The Test now cancelled, WGN-TV is adding another hour of Maury at 3pm, in addition to the new episodes at 1pm. Also for WGN-TV, since they lost Rachel Ray to WLS-TV (they also lost Live with Kelly & Michael back in 2012, resulting another hour of morning news to fill the 9am slot), instead of expanding the news to go into 1pm, they decided to air locally produced Chicago's Best at 10am. I don't know if this is temporary, while they get a show ready for the timelot that will be produced by Tribune, & carried on Tribune stations, & syndicated via a syndicator to non-Tribune markets. Bill Cunningham would have only stayed on Tribune stations, if The CW hadn't picked up the show for national carriage.

I thought all the ABC-owned stations would carry "Millionaire".

I thought all the ABC-owned stations would carry "Millionaire".

WLS-TV never carried the syndicated version of the show. With whatever few available timeslots they have, I don't know where they could put it, other than eliminate one of the newscasts. Jeopardy, Inside Edition, & Wheel of Fortune are money makers for this station, & they're not giving up those shows without a fight. For Live with Kelly & Michael, many have speculated that corporate made that corporate made WLS-TV carry that show, since it was produced by their syndicated division. I believe if corporate wanted Live on all their stations, they would have done it a long time ago, & forced Oprah out of the 9am timeslot. John Idler (the current station manager), said that he wanted to see Live with Kelly & Michael on WLS-TV, since it was the only one that wasn't carrying the show, & outbidded WGN-TV for the show. I don't know if he also outbidded WGN-TV for Rachel Ray or not, but 3 more ABC O&O stations carry the show (only 1 doesn't carry the show & not sure which station it is), & it's not an ABC/Disney produced show either (but CBS Distribution). Unlike Live with Kelly & Michael, which airs at 9am on nearly all stations, Rachel Ray is on at various times of the day, & mostly early afternoon. When Katie went on the air 2 years ago, ABC corporate signed the agreement for all of their stations, & made all 8 stations carry Katie at 3pm, whether it moved successful shows out of that timeslot or not. For WLS-TV, that moved Inside Edition out of the 3pm slot that it had since 1988, & Jeopardy out of the 3:30pm slot, that it had since 1983. Now they're back in their former timeslots.

Is Married...with Children and Steve Harvey's sitcom temporary, or are they going back for another syndication run?

-crainbebo

Sony must have made a package deal to stations, because those two are on a lot of fall schedules, as well as Mad About You and Just Shoot Me.

Nice! Good to see some old sitcoms back in syndication. Hardly ever see Just Shoot Me anymore, anywhere. With Rules of Engagement still in syndication, it's a good "plus".

-crainbebo

On the E/I side:

WAGA (back to Atlanta again) like all other Fox O&Os have the Xploration Station block (Awesome Planet, Outer Space, Earth 2050, Animal Science), scooting Teen Kids News and Live Life and Win to 9:00 am while saying goodbye to Sports Stars of Tomorrow.

They're probably the only station in Atlanta with a stable E/I lineup on Saturday mornings, while WSB airs 1/3 of Litton's Weekend Adventure on Saturdays and the remaining 2/3 on Sundays.

(By the way...KFXF in Fairbanks has Hot Bench at 8:00 am (replacing The Test) and The Real at 3:00 pm; Anchorage is still unknown)

Last edited:
Hartford/New Haven Update:

Effective 9/22: Judge Faith replaces Right this Minute at 10:30AM on WCCT-TV 20.
Effective 9/22: The Middle Moves to 5PM-6PM on WCCT-TV 20 replacing Family Guy/The Simpsons.
Effective 9/22: Mike & Molly takes over the 6PM-7PM time-slot on WCCT-TV 20.
Effective 9/22: Family Guy moves to 2AM on WCCT-TV 20 replacing American Dad. (Now it's back to back Family Guy 1:30AM-2:30AM)
Effective 9/22: American Dad moves to 2:30AM on WCCT-TV 20 replacing an infomercial.
Effective 9/22: An infomercial replaces the 2nd airing of Right this Minute at 3:30AM on WCCT-TV 20.

Effective 9/22: The 2nd airing of 2 1/2 Men moves to 11:30PM on FOX 61 WTIC-TV replacing The Simpson's, which is temporarily occupying the time-slot.

With The Simpson's off both FOX 61 and WCCT-TV 20 is it safe to assume that The Simpson's are of local station and now are exclusively on cable network FX2 aka FXX?

Effective 9/22: Cougar Town will be airing at 12:30AM on MY TV 9 WCTX 59.1
Effective 9/22: Raising Hope will be airing at 1:30AM on MY TV 9 WCTX 59.1

Roseanne is off the line-up effective 9/15

KSTW in Seattle has taken Hot in Cleveland, and Mike and Molly, and moves The Middle to a single run at 1AM (?!)
KZJO has Anger Management double run.
Justice with Judge Mablean Ephraim is missing in Seattle or Central Washington markets. KDOC-56 takes a double run starting Monday morning in Los Angeles/Anaheim.

Very few stations I see airing The Balancing Act, or Designing Spaces (those morning Lifetime programs that Telco is now syndicating) - WVUA in AL with This TV (what do you expect?) has it.

-crainbebo

An update to an earlier post.

In Charlotte, WSOC-TV adds a 7pm newscast on Saturday. It only runs for half an hour (not an hour as I previously posted) with Inside Edition running from 7:30 to 8pm. No 6pm newscast on Saturday. Not sure if that's because of college football or if it will be dropped all together.

I suspect that's just for football season; WFMY, WRAL, and WTVD air their Saturday newscasts at 7 during football season. Besides, doesn't WSOC normally carry the Saturday edition of "Entertainment Tonight" at 7?

Here in the Triangle, WRDC is carrying "Hot Bench," two episodes at 2 and 2:30 PM.

I suspect that's just for football season; WFMY, WRAL, and WTVD air their Saturday newscasts at 7 during football season. Besides, doesn't WSOC normally carry the Saturday edition of "Entertainment Tonight" at 7?

Here in the Triangle, WRDC is carrying "Hot Bench," two episodes at 2 and 2:30 PM.

No idea. I know that the newscast is normally at 6pm on Saturdays, followed by the weekend edition of ABC World News and then 2 news-magazine shows. Don't remember when it aired last year.

CORRECTION: In Fairbanks, KFXF will have Hot Bench and The Real back-to-back at 3:00 and 4:00 pm. KTVF's only new pickup is Hot in Cleveland at 2:00 (replacing Katie Couric).

Back here in the ATL: WPCH has added Hot Bench at 3:00 pm (right before Judge Judy on WAGA), while Celebrity Name Game airs at 6:30 on WUPA.

And along with Meredith Vieira, another show that'll be on WSB in the wee hours: Scandal at 1:05 am.

Last edited:
KSTW in Seattle has taken Hot in Cleveland, and Mike and Molly, and moves The Middle to a single run at 1AM (?!)

I don't think The Middle is doing that well. Last year after a few months in an early evening time slot Channel 50 in DC moved it to an overnight time slot. It's too bad their sister station in Hartford didn't do the same. It's a dumb, boring, and uninteresting show.

Yes, but it is still airing on ABC. If it's at least 4 seasons, and still in production, that's what syndicated reruns are for as well.
Shocked that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is not in weekend syndication. That show is now in its 14th or 15th season now! Sure, William Petersen is gone now but there's still Ted Danson. But what's more surprising is how "The Border" and in some markets, STILL, "Da Vinci's Inquest" is in syndication. I just wonder how many people if any have watched both shows outside of Canada.

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom