• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New shows coming into your market in Sept. 2014

Hartford/New Haven:

Celebrity Name Game - FOX 61 WTIC-TV 7:30PM (replacing 2 1/2 Men)
Mike & Molly - WCCT-TV 20 (The CW affiliate) - No times given during the promos
Merideth Viera - NBC 30 WVIT - 2PM (replacing Queen Latifah)
The Real - MY TV 9 WCTX (59.1) 11AM (replacing Bethenny Frankel)
Hot Bench - MY TV 9 WCTX (59.1) 5PM (replacing Family Feud)

There are still a lot of unknowns in the market. I know there are more shows besides Mike & Molly entering local syndication this fall, but so far Mike & Molly is the only show I've seen promos for. The questions I have are: Where is Queen Latifah going? (As mentioned above Merideth Viera is taking her 2PM time slot on NBC 30) And what's going to air at 3PM on NEWS 8 WTNH (ABC) replacing Katie?

From the Quad City Times:

WQAD-TV adds two new shows to its local schedules this fall: Meredith Vieira's already-announced talk show at 2 p.m. weekdays, replacing Katie Couric's canceled show; and "Celebrity Name Game," a game show hosted by Craig Ferguson of the "Late Late Show" on CBS after "Nightline" at 12:05 a.m. weeknights. That bumps "Extra" to 12:35 a.m., followed by "Dish Nation," which has been picked up after being dropped by KJLB.

WQAD's subchannel, 8.3, makes some bigger changes. Reruns of the sitcoms "Cougar Town" (6:30 and 10 p.m.) and "Raising Hope" (5:30 p.m.) are new this fall. Two new court shows debut: "Justice with Mablean Ephriam," featuring the former "Divorce Court" judge (2 and 2:30 p.m.); and "Judge Faith" (3 and 3:30 p.m.), presided over by a former Miss America runner-up and current legal analyst.

http://qctimes.com/entertainment/ca...cle_bf37867e-3edd-5f0f-9853-6ff630c29051.html

Here's the changes I know for Charlotte:

WSOC:
Wendy Williams 10-11am
Family Feud 12:30-1pm
Queen Latifah Show 3-4pm
Meredith Viera Show 1:07-2:07am
News Saturdays 7-8pm

WAXN:
Meredith Viera Show 9-10am
Hot in Cleveland 10-11am
Are We There Yet? 11am-12pm
The Middle 12-1pm
America's Court 1-2pm
Hot Bench 3-4pm
Divorce Court 4-5pm
Millionaire 5-6pm
Celebrity Name Game 6-7pm
Family Feud 7-8pm
Queen Latifah Show 8-9pm
Anger Management 11pm-12am

WBTV:
Steve Harvey 3-4pm

WJZY:
News 4:30-9am (starting Monday)
Dr Oz 4-5pm

Last edited:
Oklahoma City the only notable changes I could think of is that Meredith is going to air at 2pm on KOCO 5, followed by Steve Harvey at 3pm, for KWTV, Dr. Phil is moving to there. And probably the bigger change is that Fox affiliate KOKH is replacing the reruns of "The Bog Bang Theory" with OKC's only hour long 5pm Newscast starting September 1st (which is Next Monday) other than that I think that's it, unless I missed something.

Oklahoma City the only notable changes I could think of is that Meredith is going to air at 2pm on KOCO 5, followed by Steve Harvey at 3pm, for KWTV, Dr. Phil is moving to there. And probably the bigger change is that Fox affiliate KOKH is replacing the reruns of "The Big Bang Theory" with OKC's only hour long 5pm Newscast starting September 1st (which is Next Monday) other than that I think that's it, unless I missed something.

The BOG Bang Theory? LOL :rolleyes:

Rachael Ray moves to 10am on WJZY to make room for The Real at 9.

Here's the changes I know for Charlotte:

WSOC:
Wendy Williams 10-11am
Family Feud 12:30-1pm
Queen Latifah Show 3-4pm
Meredith Viera Show 1:07-2:07am
News Saturdays 7-8pm

WAXN:
Meredith Viera Show 9-10am
Hot in Cleveland 10-11am
Are We There Yet? 11am-12pm
The Middle 12-1pm
America's Court 1-2pm
Hot Bench 3-4pm
Divorce Court 4-5pm
Millionaire 5-6pm
Celebrity Name Game 6-7pm
Family Feud 7-8pm
Queen Latifah Show 8-9pm
Anger Management 11pm-12am

WBTV:
Steve Harvey 3-4pm

WJZY:
News 4:30-9am (starting Monday)
Dr Oz 4-5pm

Lots of shows are changing stations this year in Charlotte. This is the most I can remember in a while.

Judge Faith is on KZJO Joe TV in Seattle. No go in Yakima/Tri Cities.

-crainbebo

Yep, saw the promo. Sure glad KIMA has something OTHER than a one-day stale rerun of another show to watch!
29 *USED* to have, real, live noon news years ago and MANY years ago they had CNN Headline News at noon. KNDO is also without noon news -they would just rather air a stale Jeopardy as well. Seattle does it right with KING and KIRO both with 12PM newscasts. I just wonder what KNDO will do at 2PM weekdays next month, since Katie is cancelled. Maybe we'll get Access Hollywood Live or something like that? The Real is locked on KCYU and I have not heard anything about CTV (Canada)'s "The Social" supposed to be down here as well.
The CW Plus has locked in Intelligence for Your Life with John Tesh so KIMA/KEPR-DT2 takes it.
With Celebrity Name Game locked on Tribune stations I betcha it will be on KZJO. KCPQ hasn't aired game shows in years and KZJO used to have "Temptation" in 2007-08, and had Family Feud when Karn was hosting, for a few years back in the KTWB days. One year it was at 9AM, another 5PM, another was wee hours.

Last edited:
Starting September 8

Access Hollywood will be at 7:30 on WBTV, according to TitanTV.

Another run of Dr. Oz will be on WJZY at 11 am. TMZ Live will be on twice on WJZY, at noon and 5. Saw that on Locate TV.

People's Court moves to 2 on WJZY and to 6 on WMYT, and Judge Mathis moves to 3 on WJZY, according to Locate TV.

And to the poster who had Hot in Cleveland at 10 am on WAXN, according to Locate TV and Titan TV it is going to be Made in Hollywood.

KABC:
Katie (3PM) is replaced by Who Wants to be a Millionaire (3) and Jeopardy! (3:30). Not surprising for the former, because it's produced by ABC Studios.

KTLA:
The Arsenio Hall Show (10:30) is replaced by a double run of Two and a Half Men.
The Test (4 PM) is replaced by Maury.

KTTV:
Bethenny (3 PM) is replaced by The Wendy Williams Show.

In Seattle, Steve Harvey is going to be on a station he has never been on before in his Family Feud and talk show career - KOMO! 3PM is the time for his talk show beginning 9/08. Dr. Oz moves to KING-5 at 4PM weekdays.
Oddly enough ZERO stations in Seattle - yes, ZERO have found a spot for poor Rachael Ray. KIRO booted her out, after airing her since the beginning, for Meredith Vieira. And obviously they don't want to decrease the noon news back to 30 minutes, move B&B to 12:30 from 3PM (shouldn't it be 12:30 for B&B for all the west coast?) and place Rachael at 3 like the old days.
In Yakima, Katie is being replaced by TMZ on KNDO (on an NBC station?) and a dumb infomercial. Even one of Byron Allen's court shows would be better than another infomercial. Boo!
KAPP is tweaking their afternoon lineup, flipping The Doctors to 2PM and Queen Latifah to 4PM. More audience that way?
KCYU finally has flipped the 11-Noon Family Feud reruns to 4-5PM, making it 4 episodes in a row of Harvey Feud!

-crainbebo

Also be mindful that all the shows aren't starting on September 8th. Some are starting later.

Yeah, Made in Hollywood, if it does air, will only be on the 8th through the 12th at that time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom